Pre-wedding Parties
Options

gifts for bridal shower hosts?

Am I suppose to give gifts to the hosts of my 2 bridal showers? I asked my FMIL and she thought that I would not have to. I checked my etiquette book and it just says a hand written thank you.

Please let me know what I should do? If I should give a gift, how much do you usually spend?

Re: gifts for bridal shower hosts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's up to you.  I agree with at least a nice TY note.  Maybe consider what others in your circle have done in the past.  Personally, i would give some sort of gift.  Examples: gift cards, fresh flowers, bake something, basket of bath goodies  HTH.
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got "shower" stuff from Bath and Body Works for my hosts (6 in all).  For one shower I gave bath gel and lotion.  For the other I am giving body scrub and then a pretty nail polish.  I spent $10-12.  
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you should at least hand write your hosts a nice thank you note or card. I did that along with giving them stuff from Bath & Body works like pp mentioned. I got them loofahs, shower gel, bath candles, and a handwritten thank you card thanking them for my wonderful shower and that I hope they can now enjoy their shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards