Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Super Early Shower...

Last night two good family friends offered to jointly host a shower/party for my fiance and I when we are in town in May (we are getting married in November). We live out of state. I have read and seem to understand that the shower should be 2-3 months before the wedding at the earliest.

The problem is that with our distance and jobs, our May trip is likely to be the last time we both are going to be in town, and the hosts kind of wanted to put something on to introduce my fiance to the guests in Houston (meaning a couples shower instead of a bridal shower) (I will have to take some time off to go to fittings and things in Houston, but it is likely that FI will not fly down with me.).

So!! I guess I have already accepted a party - they actually suggested a sort of "Honeymoon Shower" since we will be traveling, but I was not comfortable with that (and then they said, "Oh good neither were we...") and so at this point they've suggested either a casual party, or a bar shower (...which I think would be awesome).

For what it's worth, the guest list is final, we have sent save-the-dates and will not be inviting anyone who isn't invited to the wedding and got a save the date.

Any advice? I was so excited that someone offered to host something, and I have really been wanting FI to meet these people, but this morning I woke up and thought maybe it's too early. We got engaged last April, so calling it an engagement party seems silly. 

Couples shower? Bar shower? "We're really excited Sarah found a mate and want to have a party" party?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Super Early Shower...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards