Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Out of Town Guests and Rehearsal Dinner

My fiance will have family members (aunt, uncle, cousins) coming in to town for our wedding.  

Who do we invite/not invite to rehearsal? I think that if we invite one set, all should be invited...but then what is the point of the wedding the next day since they will all be at rehearsal! 

Re: Out of Town Guests and Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    We invited OOT family to the rehearsal dinner, but we also had a DW wedding, so that made a bit of a difference since everyone was already there anyway. 

Are the FIL's paying for the rehearsal dinner?  What are their thoughts on inviting OOT family?

• Options
    We are inviting only our wedding party and their significant others. This includes our parents and the pastor. We have alot of OOT people and it would get huge if we draw the line at the wedding party.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    The FI and I just went head to head with his overbearing family on this one...!  We have several OOT guests and huge families.  In order to maintain the inimacy of our rehearsal dinner, we are limiting it to people crucial to the wedding and their spouses.  Some of the family wasn't so happy but honestly, it's a night for you and your FI to just relax and enjoy the company of the people who are closest to you, not to entertain lots of guests!  You'll get to celebrate with everyone on the big day, so keep the rehearsal dinner smallish. 
  • Options
    Our rehearsal dinner had 75 people at it and our wedding was probably 110. (That many OOT guests). It was fun! Many of my extended family members had never met my fiance and I had not met any of his friends who came from Australia. It really took the pressure off of us on the wedding day. I was able to introduce my fiance to everyone the night before and felt way less pressure to spend lots of time with each person on the actual wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards