Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Too many cousins for shower

I've tried to post this a couple times and TK keeps eating it. Here it goes again:

My MOH is hosting a shower and gave me a # she could accommodate. We will inivte the bridal party, moms, grandmas, aunts (both sides). But my question is about cousins. One of my aunts has 2 girls 18 and 22 who I like and would want to invite. Another aunt (same side of family) has two girls, 14 and 18 who I'm not close to, then another aunt (again same side) has two girls 10 and 4 who I'm not close to. If I invite all these cousins I have to cut a couple of friends and I'd rather have the friends there.

What would you do? Make it 18 and up so at least I don't have to invite the three younger girls, but that splits up those two siblings (14, 18). 

Re: Too many cousins for shower

• Options
    Or I could make it 21 and up with the sole exception of the bridal party so my 19 yo sister can still come? It's really just the 22 yo that I'm really close to as far as cousins. My MOH also expressed concern about having people under 21 b/c we will have wine and it's at her house.
  • Options
    Why would you make an age cut off for a shower?  I think that's odd.  Just because there will be wine there that doesn't mean that you can't have people younger than 21 around.   If you're only close to the 22 year old then only invite her.

• Options
    Well, only invite the bridal party to that one, and your mom and gma. That doesn't sound like a shower, its sounds like a bridal party get together. Which is fine. Just have a real bridal shower later and invite all of your family to that one. You cant invite one aunt's children and not the other's. You can only invite the aunts and no children, I dont think that's what you want. And the wine thing is just silly. Its just an excuse.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just do whatever you want and dont think twice about it.. its your wedding and its your shower.  I doubt the other aunts will even say anything if your not even close to their kids.  And if they do explain to them that you had to cut peple and you could only invite the closest people to you.  If they cant understand that then tough! Can't please everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards