Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner: Who Has Say?

So my FMIL/FFIL are hosting the rehearsal dinner/welcome bbq. I really like the idea of a casual bbq to relax and welcome our out of town guests the day before the "big one", however I am not agreeing with some of my FMIL's ideas. Primarily the decorations and some of the food options concern me. I haven't said anything and I know if I did she would do it, but not without an attitude and comment. My question is, do I even get a say in this? Is it even that serious for me to speak up about?
~ Planning Bio~
~ Married Bio~
~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All You Need Is Love....

Re: Rehearsal Dinner: Who Has Say?

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're paying=their party.  If you don't like their ideas, turn down the money and pay for your own RD.  Otherwise, just graciously accept the generous gift you're being given.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, I am being gracious and am so happy they offered to do it. I actually want to reduce the amount of food and change from paper wedding bell lanterns to the paper globe things. But now that I read my post it is silly. I'm just thinking about the little details no one will even look at but me. Thanks for bringing back to reality.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you came back to reality =D

Your FMIL will love being able to plan this since you are marrying her son. I know my FMIL is loving it since she doesn't have a daughter so this is as close as she gets to helping with a wedding.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards