Pre-wedding Parties

To have, or not to have?

For the longest time, I wasn't planning on having a bridal shower, mainly because the women invited to my wedding are quite literally all over the place.  Also, my maid of honor is a Marine and lives out in California (my wedding's in Ohio) and it was a struggle just to get the time off for my wedding, and my mom is already paying so much for my wedding. However, just last week, my mom brought up the bridal shower, and threw out the idea of having it on the same day as my bachelorette party - as in have the shower during the day, bachelorette party at night. At first, it sounded like an okay idea, but I was just thinking: my bachelorette party is going to be on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening, so to try to have it during the day on one of those days is going to be either next to impossible or just silly 'cause no one will show up. I've already taken off a ridiculous amount of work (for my wedding and the plethora of other weddings this summer, plus the wedding that I'm the maid of honor in three weeks before my own), and my fiance and I are trying to really hard to save up money, not only for our mini-honeymoon to Chicago, but also because we are moving into a new apartment two weeks after our wedding and need to pay the new apartment AND the old apartment.

HOLY CRAP that was really long, I'm really sorry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To have, or not to have?

• edited May 2012
    OH! Also forgot to add that the shower/bachelorette party would be just days before my wedding, again, because of our work situations. I know this isn't too big of a deal for the bachelorette party, but might be a big deal for the shower. Help!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards