Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who attends the bridal shower?

My wedding is going to be family only, with the rest of the guests coming for the reception masquerade Halloween party. There are some friends I'd like my MOH to invite to the shower, but they are not invited to the wedding. Is this appropriate?

Re: Who attends the bridal shower?

• Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No it's not appropriate because it comes off as gift grabby whether you mean it to seem that way or not. Inviting someone to a bridal shower where they're supposed to bring a gift, but not inviting them to event that the bridal shower is in celebration of and is much more expensive to attend is making it look like they aren't important enough to attend the wedding, but you'd still like a gift from them at the shower. I'm sure you don't mean it to come off that way, but that's how it would feel and look to anyone on the outside or the invitees themselves.
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been invited to a shower where I wasn't invited to the wedding - you may see it as a way to include those that you CAN'T include the wedding, but they won't see it the same way - it feels like you just want the gift.

The only way you could do it is if you invited them to a Pre-Wedding BBQ and specific "no gifts please".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not.  You should NOT invite anyone to any pre-wedding events if they will not be invited to the wedding.
    Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards