Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette party HELP!!!

Ok me and my fiance live in Georgia (military) and the wedding will take place next summer in Michigan (he is from there) so my whole side has to travel. So all my bridesmaids and friends (from California) are coming to the wedding. I know your not allowed to plan your own Bachelorette party. but know one know nothing about Michigan,or what there is to do. So i just plan it out myself? also my 2 brides maids are under 21. So i want them to do something too.

Also i had no engagement party, no shower, or anything else (due to military) so this is going to be the one and only thing. kind want to make it all in one and at night go bar hopping with those of age.

Re: Bachelorette party HELP!!!

• Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't do it!  

If your friends want to throw you a bachelorette party, they will find a way.  It's as easy as them finding a way to spend quality time with you, and they don't need to know anything about the city to do that.  If they don't plan a bachelorette party, it's not a big deal.  Move on and enjoy the fact that your friends will be there to see you get married!  

• Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dont throw it yourself!!!

If they really want to throw you one..trust me..they will research and plan one. That's the wonder of the internet. You can give opinions IF THEY ASK, but you should definitely not be planning it.

Unfortunately, if no one offers to throw one, you just dont have one, because these things are considered gifts.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    venusvonmilavenusvonmila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So I must say I have a totally different opinion.
    We are in Germany, my FI is also in the Military. I made great friends here and they gave me a wonderful Bridal Shower. But not all my friends could attend.
    So for my Bachelorette Party I desired to send out the invitations and at least plan the date and time. I so want a great Party before my wedding. Just because he is in the Military and tradition states it is a gift I wound not have one.
    As far as planning the date and time I'm fine. My friend will have to plan activities and they already said all drinks and food are on them. So I have no real expanses but some putting in some time to coordinate all my friends.
    It was also more complicated since we are in Germany I wanted it to be special and we are making a weekend out if it in Amsterdam .
    So I think you can plan the date, time and place and let your friend surprise you with other stuff that night.
    Don't miss out on it because of the traditions and the military. You are the bride and specially military brides have to do things differently sometime ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:41a3a1b8-9cdc-4d8b-8709-0db2dad708e0Post:54689c2b-1d30-43ce-b879-26f41758f633">Re: Bachelorette party HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I must say I have a totally different opinion. We are in Germany, my FI is also in the Military. I made great friends here and they gave me a wonderful Bridal Shower. But not all my friends could attend. So for my Bachelorette Party I desired to send out the invitations and at least plan the date and time. I so want a great Party before my wedding. Just because he is in the Military and tradition states it is a gift I wound not have one. As far as planning the date and time I'm fine. My friend will have to plan activities and they already said all drinks and food are on them. So I have no real expanses but some putting in some time to coordinate all my friends. It was also more complicated since we are in Germany I wanted it to be special and we are making a weekend out if it in Amsterdam . So I think you can plan the date, time and place and let your friend surprise you with other stuff that night. Don't miss out on it because of the traditions and the military. You are the bride and specially military brides have to do things differently sometime ;)
    Posted by venusvonmila[/QUOTE]
    Thank you so much this helps a lot .Everyone will be flying in different days and time I just want to get together with all my GF and just hang for the day. I'll be picking the day that works for everyone, after that it more lets do what ever. Also my only 2 bridesmaids are 14 and 18  so i dont think they will be up to the task of planing a adventure for all of us. Also i think being in the military the traditions can be brook (or bent) in different cases
    Thanks for the help
  • Options
    bekahjane89bekahjane89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The nice thing about this day and time is that all traditions can be broken (if for a good reason - and this qualifies). Now if you were talking about expecting gifts (like a shower assoicated with the party) that would be a different story, but in my humble opinion I see this no different than scheduling a luncheon for all your gals, or a girls night out. Go for it, no reason to not have fun!
    Beka Lou
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards