Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Can I still have a bridal shower with few female friends?

We are having a small wedding (80 people). I have very few female friends my maid of honor is the only female friend I'm inviting the rest are family that lives out of town, a few female coworkers and the wives/girl friends of my fiances friends. Should I just drop the idea of having a shower since there isn't anyone to invite? They seem like alot of fun and part of the whole wedding process I hate to miss out on that part also to be frank we are young and will both be leaving our parents house straight into married life and pretty much have nothing so a few extra home basics that we could recieve at a shower would help alot. I don't know what to do :/ a co-ed one wouldn't really work since none of the guys invited would have any interest plus most of them are my fiances friends. I'm hardly traditional so any out of the box suggestions are cool with me.

Re: Can I still have a bridal shower with few female friends?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would still have a bridal shower.  Do you have someone to plan a shower for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the SAME dilema! My wedding will only be 75 people tops. I wasn't thinking anyone would throw me a shower since my MOH and one bridesmaid and I are students and broke. Until my aunt asked me if she could throw one for me... 

Anyways, I'd go ahead and have one. They're fun and a release from all the wedding planning! Also, whoever is hosting it for you, let them know you're having a smaller wedding and plan accordingly. Laughing
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker http://hannahandalec.weebly.com/ My Planning Bio-Updated 9/18
  • Options
    AmandaGarretAmandaGarret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have a shower! It is part of the whole wonderful experience :) You could do a couple's shower if you don't think there are enough females to invite. I have been to a shower with both males and females. Also, I do not have many female friends at all, however I somehow have 30 people on my shower list and I'm having a small wedding as well. Once you start thinking about people, you'll be surprised. It will add up. And there is nothing wrong with having an intimate shower with only a few females.
  • Options
    lvernon4lvernon4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always just have co-ed shower but call it an engagement party or something where they bring you gifts.  My fiance's family threw us a shower and it was just a big outdoor picnic with family and friends and they gave us gifts too. I would have one, but you can be non-traditional and just have fun with it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_can-still-bridal-shower-female-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:453be25e-f4b4-4238-b14f-abaf1b2d7f36Post:a199ca4c-c6d8-40bc-bb05-c0248c6978c8">Re: Can I still have a bridal shower with few female friends?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You could always just have co-ed shower but call it an engagement party or something where they bring you gifts.</strong>  My fiance's family threw us a shower and it was just a big outdoor picnic with family and friends and they gave us gifts too. I would have one, but you can be non-traditional and just have fun with it. 
    Posted by lvernon4[/QUOTE]

Sorry, what?  OP, it's not polite to throw yourself a gift giving event, no matter what you call it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_can-still-bridal-shower-female-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:453be25e-f4b4-4238-b14f-abaf1b2d7f36Post:43782257-361c-476f-8386-caadc4c2eab7">Re: Can I still have a bridal shower with few female friends?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can have a shower if someone else offers to host, and everyone who is invited to the shower is also invited to the wedding.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards