Pre-wedding Parties

Hijacked Shower Date

Let me preface this with, this is simply to blow off some steam.

My FI's cousin is getting married a month before us. She became engaged 9 months before we did, and is getting married a year and 9 month after. So as not to take away from her big day, we set our date a month after her.

My FSIL's are my only bridesmaids, and have been stressing over when to hold a shower for me that wouldn't interfere with any of the cousin's wedding activities. Her shower had been announced in December as being in August. We settled on May for me. Not one week after my shower date had been settled the cousin decides that her shower will take place on the same day and has all of her invites sent to print immediatly.

I realize this is far from being clear and well written, I am simply expressing my frustration. I have tried to be considerate of her special day and all the planning that goes into it. All I as is for an ounce of the same consideration.

Re: Hijacked Shower Date

• LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did she know your shower date when she re-picked hers? I'm guessing from the way you phrased things that she did....

If she didn't, I'd be frustrated but just sigh and choose a different date. If she did know, I'd be pretty steamed and while I wouldn't go out of my way to make things difficult for her, I'd probably stop considering her in my planning and when making plans make them without thinking about what she might be doing at all.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    May is pretty early for a shower for a November wedding.  It's actually pretty early for an October wedding, too.

If I were you, I'd reschedule your shower - not to accommodate her, even though that's what it'll look like - but to have it closer to the wedding.

Love your colors, btw! Mine are purple and orange too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank You ladies for your support, I feel better having written it.
  • HippinhipsterHippinhipster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'd be pretty pisses too! But look on the bright side now that she has her invites already you don't have to worry about it happening again :) haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_hijacked-shower-date-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:46b129d3-d9f9-4593-8161-851545c5ccd1Post:e8f03cfc-75c0-4e3b-aa30-f31d0d6f5a38">Re: Hijacked Shower Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I'd be pretty pisses too! But look on the bright side now that she has her invites already you don't have to worry about it happening again :) haha
    Posted by Hippinhipster[/QUOTE]

Now there's a bright side! =D
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards