Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower / Bachelorette Party?

Are ALL of my female guests supposed to be invited to either the bridal shower or bachelorette party?  Do some get invited to both? 

Re: Bridal Shower / Bachelorette Party?

• Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All my female guests were invited to the shower but for the bach. I'm only having my friends come.
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For the bridal shower, yes, but the bachelorette party should only be close friends. You could invite them all to it, but it's not expected.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I would caution you when using the word, "all".  I would agree that for the most part, only close friends of the bride, and the bridal party, are typically invited to the bachelorette party.

However, for showers, we did not invite ALL female guests to the shower.  Both my husband and I invited some co-workers to the wedding, that we did not include in the showers. (I am a MOB.)   We also chose not to include some female friends.  We tried to limit the shower invitations to family, friends of the bride/groom, and close family friends of the bride/groom.

Obviously, if you choose to, your bridal party would end up being invited to both, as would potentially some of the bride's friends.
  • Options
    mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would certainly not use the word all in either circumstance.  Invite your nearest and dearest.  Random family friend that your mom added?  I would probably not put her on either guest list. 

This is going to be a case-by-case example, so some brides might have very well invited all female guests to their bridal shower.  I didn't, and you don't necessarily have to either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are not expected to invite all female wedding guests to the shower. The host should decide how many guests she is able to accommodate and you should give her a list with that number. Generally the MOB, MOG, sisters of the B&G, bridesmaids, grandmothers are invited to all showers. Close friends and family members can be invited, too.

Usually, the bride's wp and friends are invited to the bp. They may be invited to both the shower and bp. They can decide whether or not they want to attend both events.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards