Pre-wedding Parties

Jack & Jill Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Theme

Hello Knotties,
My fiance and I are planning a joint gathering.  We are huge fans of craft beer so we are planning our party at our local Ale Fest on a Saturday Afternoon.  The plan is to go to Ale Fest from 2-6, followed by dinner, follwed by post gathering at our house.

I'm looking for a fun part name/theme/etc.

Thanks Knotties

Re: Jack & Jill Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Theme

• First, you shouldn't be hosting your own bachelor and bachelorette parties. Secondly, you don't need a specific theme...the activities will speak for themselves.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • You are correct we shouldn't be hosting, however we have choosen to host our own, we are a very untraditional couple.  His brother is the best man and my SIL is my matron of honor.  His brother is very busy works nearly 70 hours a week odd hours each day and my SIL offered to host, however we thought it best to plan our own event.  His brother won't even be able to join us at our party bc of work.  We don't want to burden anyone or take time away from their families and lives so my FI and I have chosen to plan our own gathering.
  • Host it yourself. Don't call it a bparty/jack and jill/whatever. Make it a party in your friends' honor instead of a party in your own honor. Sincerely, Someone doing that.
  • I believe the theme you're looking for would be "Ale Fest."  I'm pretty sure my beer-loving friends would jump at that; if I promised to feed them later, even better.  
  • OP, it's not a matter of tradition.  It's a matter of etiquette.  Etiquette means "rude vs. polite" not "traditional v. untraditional."  With that in mind, you two are throwing a party to celebrate yourselves - which is why it's rude.  You're throwing a party to say "Yay for us!" which is not okay.  Why can't someone else host?  And why can't this be just a party?  If you want to host a party, just make it not wedding-related.  
  • Are there really people out there who are like, "Damn, I have to go party and drink with my best friends, and I don't even have to plan anything! I just have to show up! Rude b*tches!"?

Etiquette rules only make sense if everyone knows what the rules are. A thumbs up in America means YAY, but in certain other countries it means EFF YOU. If it's fine in her circle, who cares?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • You do realize that "hosting" means you're paying right?  The thing is, I get that you want to celebrate with your friends.  Nothing wrong with planning a casual get together with your friends.  However, it DOES cross the lines of etiquette when you're saying "I'm planning this event and you need to come, pay for yourself, and also pay for us."  Hosting always means you're paying. KWIM?

Just plan a casual get together a la "hey we're thinking of going to the ale fest, anyone interested in joining?  We'll host a BBQ at our house afterwards."
  • sounds like a great day by itself, without any theme. i would love to go to this event

where I'm from, people pay there own way at stags/stagettes, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As for not hosting your own party, as long as its not a shower-me-with-gifts party its okay. for example my mom offered to throw my fiancee and I an engagement party, but when 4 months went by after she said she was going to host it, we invited a whole whack of people out for dinner and dancing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards