Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bridals?

I've been on the fence about these. I originally wasn't going to get them done, just because between the wedding, honeymoon, school, and buying a house we just dont have the money. However, FMIL's BF who took our engagement pictures last weekend (which turned out great) offered to do some if i'd like to.

But now, being the paranoid me...i have a question. How many of you had problems with tears, grass stains, dirt stains..things of that nature? I mean...i dont plan on playing sports or anything. But i'd prefer not to have to dry clean my dress....if i can avoid it.

thoughts?

Re: Bridals?

• kare_bear_12kare_bear_12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had mine done and the only reason the dress got dirty was of my location. If you want something inside and classic, then just make sure to pick up your dress everywhere you walk. I talked with my bridal shop where I got my dress and they said to try and use rubbing alcohol on spots if you didn't want to take it somewhere. Haven't tried it yet, but am going to try a sample spot to see if it works. My dress is taffita.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In addition to what the PP said, if you are in grass, you can lay a white (or ivory depending on your dress) sheet down under you. :)
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! :)

I'm trying to find a nice indoor place that doesnt charge you anything. i'm thinking maybe FMIL's apt complex....its super pretty.....but i dunno. Thanks for the tip on the rubbing alcohol though. is your dress white or ivory though?
  • kare_bear_12kare_bear_12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is Ivory, but as Kendall said, I also brought a sheet so I could sit down if needed. It did help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    let me know how the alcohol fairs on the ivory :) i have ivory as well. i think i'll take a sheet if i do them :)
  • lauram3177lauram3177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did mine at my sister complex as well. We were inside outside, Ivory dress and no stains or dirt. I held it up the whole time  i walked. I wasnt going to do them either... until I bought my dress. There was no way I was only going to wear that thing once... Now that I realize how hot the damn thing is... Well I should have bought a short dress!!!!!!!!!! Take your pics inside.... thats my advice.

• winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did mine as well, and my dress got a little dirty on the bottom, but also totally due to location. I did use a white sheet, but, it didn't help everywhere. That said, for the cost to have this sucker dry cleaned, no one will ever see or notice. The one spot where I got make-up on the dress, my salon said not to touch because it's silk and will make it worse. I think it's a great experience to go through because it's like a trial of what you like, and what works, like hair, shoes, how easy it is to move, etc. And like Laura, I LOVE my dress and appreciate every minute I get to spend in it!
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing them... because I don't want to stare at pictures of myself. I just want the pictures the day of with my future husband and my family.

You could look at doing them at a nice hotel (not outside) that should save it some wear and tear.
  • edited December 2011
    I know angiehascandles did bridals laying down in a field -- she just used a sheet, if I recall correctly.
    Anniversary

• btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes a sheet is your friend. The bottom of my dress got a little dirty, but I am just gonna try to spot clean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards