Pre-wedding Parties

Divorced Family & Bridal Shower.. fun fun

I am trying to put together the list for my BP for my shower. Only problem is "close" family and friends is up to 70 ppl. This is because both FI and my parents are divorced and remarried. I know it would offend people if they weren't invited but the other ex-spouses family was. What to do!!?? Plus, my mom who is most important to me doesn't get along with my dads sisters. I feel like it would be easier if I just didn't invite them but then I want to invite my grandmother. Ahhh divorce!!

Re: Divorced Family & Bridal Shower.. fun fun

• My FI's parents are also divorsed and they don't get along well (despite the fact that they got divorsed when their klds were young). When it comes down to it, the wedding is about you and your FI. I know you don't want to offend anyone but I think they should just put their hard feelings aside and focus on why they are celebrating. Its tough because no matter what u do someone is bound to get offended >o_o<
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_divorced-family-bridal-shower-fun-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:589f3495-4227-4def-8d79-2afa1e21fa3bPost:f9414752-98e4-40b9-8287-9cf00e17681b">Divorced Family & Bridal Shower.. fun fun</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to put together the list for my BP for my shower. Only problem is "close" family and friends is up to 70 ppl. This is because both FI and my parents are divorced and remarried. I know it would offend people if they weren't invited but the other ex-spouses family was. What to do!!?? Plus, my mom who is most important to me doesn't get along with my dads sisters. I feel like it would be easier if I just didn't invite them but then I want to invite my grandmother. Ahhh divorce!!
    Posted by SVanH031506[/QUOTE]
    Who are you referring to when you say "close?" Are you counting aunts and cousins? maybe you can trim down the list if you start cutting out come of those? I don't know exactly who to cut out, since I don't know how close you are to certain members of your family, ya know? But I'd look at your list and start with just...

Your mother
    His mother
    your Stepmothers
    his stepmothers
    your Grandmothers
    his grandmothers
    your sisters, stepsisters (if you have any)
    his sisters, stepsisters (if he has any)
    Your best girlfriends

How many is on that list?
  • Ahh, the guest list! It is one of the most challenging parts of wedding/shower planning.

The shower guest list should include your nearest and dearest family members and friends.If you're close to those aunts, on  your father's side, ask your mom to put her feelings aside for those few hours. Then trust everyone to be on their best behaviour. If you are not close to the aunts, go with Simply Fated's suggested guest list.

• Did you ask the hosts how many people they're thinking?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards