Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Vow help!

I knew that agreeing to this was going to be the death of me!  I am not very good with expressing my feelings through words (I know, I'm a total guy).  So, this is what I have.  It seems short to me, but I know that I will get emotional, so I don't want to drag it on too much.  What do you think?

From the moment that I met you, I knew that my life would never be the same.  Together, we’ve been through bad times, happy times, and everything in between.  You’ve taught me how to be patient, to see the world from a different perspective, and to take every day with a new passion and excitement.  With you, I’ve become the best person that I could have hoped for myself, and you’ve given me the greatest gift I could have ever dreamed of with Cadence.  Today, we become a true family, and for that, I will forever be grateful.  You are my comfort, my home, and my best friend. You can make me smile when I feel like crying, you always know exactly what I’m thinking, and you love me unconditionally, even the times when I don’t deserve it.  You are an amazing father and I am so honored to be standing here with you today, to become to your wife. Andrew, I promise to take you to my heart as you are and as you will be.  I promise to walk by you side forever, to grow together with you, and to be more in love with you than I am today.  I promise to support your dreams and to always be there for you for the rest of my life.

Re: Vow help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww I love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is beautiful. I think the length is perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are giving me goosebumps :)

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Goosebumps are always good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your vows are beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love them, and I think the length is perfect.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's perfect :) you seem pretty good with words to me :)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be in the same boat writing our own vows, but you did an AWESOME job!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got goosebumps!  They seem perfect to me.
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!! Thanks for making me tear up at work. I am such a sap! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sound good to me!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forget goosebumps I'm crying here.   They're beautiful.
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brought tears to my eyes. I think you said it perfectly.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm all misty eyed! Those are so sweet and thoughtful. Well said :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are so wonderful! I feel terrible, but this sentence through me off a little, "I promise to take you to my heart as you are and as you will be." Maybe when it's said it's different, but I stumbled over it! Sorry! Other then that it was great!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_vow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:71c75b13-9048-49f4-87a8-f3771374f548Post:28dd0f63-ac3b-471d-bc85-67a3f6969d5b">Vow help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knew that agreeing to this was going to be the death of me!  I am not very good with expressing my feelings through words (I know, I'm a total guy).  So, this is what I have.  It seems short to me, but I know that I will get emotional, so I don't want to drag it on too much.  What do you think? From the moment that I met you, I knew that my life would never be the same.   Together, we’ve been through bad times, happy times, and everything in between.   You’ve taught me how to be patient, to see the world from a different perspective, and to take every day with a new passion and excitement.   With you, I’ve become the best person that I could have hoped for myself, and you’ve given me the greatest gift I could have ever dreamed of with Cadence.   Today, we become a true family, and for that, I will forever be grateful.   You are my comfort, my home, and my best friend. You can make me smile when I feel like crying, you always know exactly what I’m thinking, and you love me unconditionally, even the times when I don’t deserve it.   You are an amazing father and I am so honored to be standing here with you today, to become to your wife. Andrew, I promise to take you to my heart as you are and as you will be.  I promise to walk by you side forever, to grow together with you, and to be more in love with you than I am today.  I promise to support your dreams and to always be there for you for the rest of my life.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]
    That brought a little tear to my eye.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Deepthi - I think I'm going to change that sentence a little... to say "I promise to take you into my heart"
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    And thank you everyone!  :)
  • Options
    tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a breathtaking sentiment. I think you did an awesome job. I tripped over the same sentence, but I think once you've said it enough times, you'll be comfortable with it. You have an amazing talent for putting your feelings into words.
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge

Photobucket
    When we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tear! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they sound great!  Goosebumps here too!  The length is perfect too I think!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lyss7316Lyss7316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww i think its perfect!! you can really tell you're speaking from your heart, without saying anything that will make your guests uncomfortable (ive seen it happen lol). 
    very sweet!! He'll love it :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got teary eyed half way through it! (I know I'm a wuss!) It's very good-ditto from what everyone else said!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards