Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Flame Free Friday

It amazes me how much people freak out over a little bit of water.  It took me an hour and a half to get home last night when it usually takes me less than 30 minutes.

Re: Flame Free Friday

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah I hate that too!!

Well today has already started on a bad note. I got in trouble at work about two weeks ago (for something very small) and my two supervisors are like holding a grudge against me now! I hate it because they are nit picking everything I do. I was told that they didn't like the layout of my emails!!! Are you joking!!!
    So I'm pretty sure its time to start looking for another job sadly. I have only been here three months!!! I can't imagine dealing with this for years :(

Why do supervisors suck sometimes!!

Oh yea! I brought donuts for everyone this morning....sorry to sound mean but I have not gotten ONE thank you but everyone sure did enjoy eating my donuts!!

Ok rant over :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate when I walk in to my office and already have a pile of crap sitting on my desk. WTH! And especially when people want to come chit chat at my desk. I hate to be bothered in the morning. I am not a morning person and it drives me crazy. I told them before but they still dont get it.

I wish my ex-SIL would just go away! Stop causing drama for your own entertainment! Oh and your true colors are coming out so it just gives us all another reason why we can't stand you.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's snowing already, and it's really coming down. Hopefully it'll just stay snow and not be sleet and ice also. I really want to make it to the gym before it gets really bad. I was planning on going to the gym tomorrow, too, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

I'm planning on a total geekfest this weekend - I'm going to re-read book 5 of Harry Potter and watch the Lord of the Rings movies.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

A little rain doesn't turn us from a deficit to a surplus in one day.  Just sayin.  I thought I killed my tires in one of the pot holes I couldn't see due to ponding on I-35 E.  It was really bad where I was driving.  However, the guy going 30 mph on Central (and my husband going 45 on Bush) annoyed me.  That having been said, I'm tired of this rain already.  I've had enough.  It can be gray and cold all it wants but I hate getting out in the rain.  

When some people get promoted or move on to better districts, I really think that they must interview well when most of the employees probably couldn't pick them out of a line up or say anything good about them.  It's funny like that. 

Sarah,
    You sound like my mom.  Her cube is apparently at a crossroads for chit chat.  People hang out all the time near her cube having conversations.  It's one of the reasons she goes in so early--she can't get anything done with them there. 

Cfibelkorn,
    Bosses just suck sometimes.  Or all the times.  I'm sorry that no one said thank you.  Your coworkers suck too. 

• Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I started printing/cutting the invites yesterday and we did not think it was going to take that long. We thought we would have finished everything last night but we didn't even start assembling. Now I have to spend all day today finishing it.

Its sucks that I have about 15 invites going out of the country because those are expensive!

And I am tired of this rain/cloudy weather. I am so ready for the summer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The rain is "making" me do shameful things.  Like wrap up in a snuggie and eat lots of girl scout cookies.  Actually, not sure if that's the rain or PMS.  But the combination is rough, even though I normally like occasional rainy days.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

The only reason I came to work today is because we were having breakfast tacos from The Taco Joint.  Neither of my bosses are here and now that I've had my taco, I really, really want to go home.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm putting in my two week notice today at work. I've decided (thanks to my HORRIBLE boss) that I don't want to work in the "corporate world" anymore. I've decdied that I really really want to teach. So, I plan on getting my alternate certification and just get a part-time job. Yes, I know teaching can sometimes be like the "corporate world" or worse, but atleast I'd be doing something I enjoy everyday and not be miserable. It has come to the point where FI and I are miserable in our relationship because I am so unhappy from work. That's not worth it to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I still haven't gotten to finish our wedding bio! I've only gotten 2 vendor reviews up in the past two days. Grrr for work!
    DH and I filed our taxes last night, for the first time on our own. In the past, my dad has done it for me and I feel proud of myself for stepping up and doing this on my own.
    I'm not really flaming anyone/thing today...just kinda jibber jabbing to ya'll. Hope everyone else is having a good Friday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just want to flame Toyota for making 'defective' cars and making this the week from h*ll at my office.  That is all.  Happy Friday Everyone! =)

• Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were supposed to have a big birthday dinner for FI, but his family can't come up now because of the weather.  That sucks. 

My MOH/Bestie and I have a 3 hour time difference and we've been playing phone tag all week.  I've had a tough week and want to talk to her.  It sucks.

This is an offshoot from Julie- I hate it when teachers from more affluent districts look down on teachers that teach in low income areas.  Many of them wouldn't last 5 minutes where I am.  I am where I am by choice, not because I couldn't get a job anywhere else. 
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Amberpro, I give you props for teaching in a tough area. My aunt teachings at a school on the border of Mesquite and Balch Springs and I admire her so much for that. You and her both are such wonderful women for what you do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie - Thats funny you said that! I just have to much work to do and no time for talking.

I cant wait until we start doing the invitations. My friend wants to buy all my paper and envelopes since we are doing them ourself. So she wants to buy them as a engagement gift! I am so excited! And than I have another friend who works for a printing company and she wants to do our printing at NO COST! So yay us for saving money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It really bothers me and makes me sad for people that say they don't care about politics and/or say it is boring. I find most of those peopel to be pretty ignorant as well. Also, don't jump on the band wagon, I see that alot too. Formulating your own opinion, even it might not be the majority, is okay.

Our economic state and recent election will be something that will be recorded in history. And it is unfortunate that people won't be able to recall it because they thought it was boring or didn't care.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The only reason I didn't vote in the last presidential was because I couldn't decide who I didn't like less.  I don't complain right now because I didn't vote but I am paying attention.

Emi,
    I haven't had a chance to email you yet but hopefully I can shoot one your way by the end of the day.

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someday I'm going to get one of our wedding portraits made into a painting and have the artist paint a tornado in the background.

Also, I got up at 1 today, and I will probably spend the rest of the day watching the Storm Chasers marathon. I cannot wait for storm season!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi, I agree with you about people who are apathetic towards the issues facing our country, but I can't blame the people who just hate "politics" and therefore don't follow things very closely.

My upstairs neighbors are playing some weird music or TV or something.  It sounds like they're blasting a VHS recording of some high school band from the 90s.  It's kind of distracting... I'm trying to work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies. I don't have anythng to flame really, except that I don't ever post anymore. This board has been slow/dead as of late though and I can never think of a topic worth starting. I miss the days when it was more active here. I even miss the drama! It kept me entertained on boring days.

• Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's Friday and I'm leaving work at 4:00, so I don't have much to flame. 

On the political thing, I have fairly strong opinions on certain things but I don't like talking to most people about them because some people just aren't mature about the way they talk about politics.  Instead of discussing the actual facts and fundamentals, they just write off your thoughts as being stupid if you don't agree with them 100% and end up bashing you instead. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The MTV Teen Moms is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the girl who posted about "problems" is fake.
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm flaming the restaurants in Arlington. Few of them have rooms for large parties but they won't let you reserve on Fridays or Saturdays. Apparently weddings don't happen with rehearsal dinners on fridays anymore. I'm halfway thinking about moving it to Ft Worth.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah- I certainly hope so.   If not, then I'm with Stephie.  She wouldn't want to know what I have to say.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I spent the last week in a team summit for work in Florida, and I couldn't help but think (all week) that I really don't want to do this job, but right now I like the paycheck so I'm sticking with it.

I like teen mom, and will probably watch 16 & pregnant again when the second season starts.

My mom and brother went above and beyond to help Chris with his car this week (it died and they got it towed to a repair place and got it back all while he was working/in school)... I really wonder if his family would doing something like that for me.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry so late... but thanks bdette :)  that's nice of you to say.  Honestly, it's never non-teachers... it's always other teachers.  Thanks!
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren,
    If I was on fire, I think Bill's family would seriously consider crossing the street to put it out.  Maybe I exaggerate but it feels that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards