Pre-wedding Parties

shower gifts

is it unheard of for the bridal party to go in on a gift together. for example a larger or more expensive one in addition to hosting the shower?
imagetotes-your call/
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: shower gifts

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it done but you should see what and if people are comfortable giving before buying.
  • nic9911nic9911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    all but one of the BM are on board. So I dont know what the right thing to do is.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kgorman307kgorman307 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did this for my friend's wedding. An email was sent out asking who would be interested, and we were asked to send an email back just to the organizer what amount we would be comfortable contributing. We all decided $50 was fair - and were able to get the $300 calphalon pots/pans set they registered for and an engraved silver frame as well.

I don't think everyone ended up chipping in. They listed on the card who the gift was from & the bridesmaids who didn't want to participate just gave their separate gifts.

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    The shower IS the gift. If everyone isn't on board, I would skip it.

• nic9911nic9911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:6742ab7f-2075-4fa7-8ad5-8cac923f7094Post:a2d5829c-24e1-41c3-b5e0-e908d75a8a0b">Re: shower gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just did this for my friend's wedding. An email was sent out asking who would be interested, and we were asked to send an email back just to the organizer what amount we would be comfortable contributing. We all decided $50 was fair - and were able to get the $300 calphalon pots/pans set they registered for and an engraved silver frame as well. I don't think everyone ended up chipping in. They listed on the card who the gift was from & the bridesmaids who didn't want to participate just gave their separate gifts. HTH
    Posted by kgorman307[/QUOTE]

i think that is what we are going to decide on. thanks
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think its a nice idea. There are a few expensive items that people put and other than immediate family, most people wouldn't spend that much individually. Going in together you can get one of the more expensive items on the list. I'd give people the option and based on the response you get, see what you can afford to buy together. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards