Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Sneak Peek before the Shower

Truthfully, How many brides out there took a sneak peek at their registries before the shower? Mine is only in a few weeks and I made the mistake of looking at my registries a week ago and already saw things that had been purchased. I felt kind of guilty, but now I want to keep checking! It’s like my own personal Christmas!

How many of you took a sneak peek?  

I do realize this does make me sound greedy, and I in no way intend to be that way, but I just can't help me curiosity!

Re: Sneak Peek before the Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol dont feel bad ive looked too! you are not greedy! even though alot of people on this board are inclined to say you are for even thinking about wanting presents...but hey it must have been some greedy person who invented "showers to shower the bride with gifts" in the first place right?! lol anyways, my shower is in 2 weeks and i check it like every hour haha..i made the mistake of seeing who bought something off it on the thank you manager on my macys registry..now i know who got me what lol.
    i just DETEST surprises with like a huge passion. i have to know..during christmas, being 24 and all lol, i still rummage through my moms closet and shake boxes, analyze and practically weigh things to determine what im getting LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower is Sunday and I seriously check my registry every day, sometimes a couple times a day lol.  And ya know what, I don't feel the least bit bad about it either. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't feel bad or greedy! I was a horrible registry stalker! I stalked mine every day leading up to the shower out of pure curiosity. DH scolded me, but then he got curious and started checking the registries too! Even if you can see what has been purchased, you still have the surprise of seeing who purchased what, and there are always gifts that never look "fulfilled" on the registry. I received some surprises that were on the registry, but weren't checked off.
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a stalker too.  I don't even feel bad about it.  It did not decrease my enjoyment of my shower.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    LC&NGLC&NG member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I stopped checking a few weeks before the shower, it was hard and I came close to peeking so many times but I liked being surprised better. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who looks! Its like knowing that Christmas is coming, and you know exactly where your parents have hidden the presents. You'd be crazy not to look!

Thanks ladies I feel better about my inability to not stop looking at it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mines tomorrow and I JUST looked.  Hehe.  I told myself I'd stop looking the week before....but I obviously couldn't resist.  I feel a little guilty that I have no self control but I'm so excited for tomorrow! :-D
    photo c5dc5e88-48f8-44ab-b391-57c945a2a7c9_zps31846873.jpg

Abigail and Emily born at 38w5d
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    "Two Babies, Two Boobies" - That's how I roll.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards