Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party

I have choose to do my own bachelorette party...and all my girl know this and are ok with it.  I just don't know what to do.I want something fun and different.!

any one have any ideas?!

thanks

Re: Bachelorette Party

• edited December 2011
    I would say do something fun that is different that you are comfortable with.  My matron of honor is pregnant, with twins, and has a ton of other stuff going on.  Therefore, I had to plan my own bachelorette party, because my other bridesmaids wouldn't.  Just make sure that all your girls are okay with whatever you do.  I made the mistake of planning a trip to a nightclub, for some dancing.  I thought it was a good idea, but I guess it wasn't.  I had three girls cancel on me at the last minute, and so I didn't end up having a bachelorette party, because they wanted it only to be the bridesmaids, and it's not exactly fun to go out dancing with only one other girl.  So now, I'm the bride that doesn't get a bachelorette party.  

So, basically what ever you do, make sure your girls are 100% okay with what you choose. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:67848db5-d914-4773-823c-ce03d8bd6221Post:f28057e2-3d5b-4771-8c33-53ebc05ab684">Re: Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say do something fun that is different that you are comfortable with.  My matron of honor is pregnant, with twins, and has a ton of other stuff going on.  Therefore, I had to plan my own bachelorette party, because my other bridesmaids wouldn't.  Just make sure that all your girls are okay with whatever you do.  I made the mistake of planning a trip to a nightclub, for some dancing.  I thought it was a good idea, but I guess it wasn't.  I had three girls cancel on me at the last minute, and so I didn't end up having a bachelorette party, because they wanted it only to be the bridesmaids, and it's not exactly fun to go out dancing with only one other girl.  <strong>So now, I'm the bride that doesn't get a bachelorette party.</strong>   So, basically what ever you do, make sure your girls are 100% okay with what you choose. 
    Posted by erin752[/QUOTE]

You will *probably* still be married in the end, but no guarantees. 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:67848db5-d914-4773-823c-ce03d8bd6221Post:990303d7-0aa3-4320-a82b-0779c93578ed">Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have choose to do my own bachelorette party...and all my girl know this and are ok with it.  I just don't know what to do.I want something fun and different.! any one have any ideas?! thanks
    Posted by gigi22r[/QUOTE]

Even if your girls know and are ok with it, you still shouldn't be throwing your own bachelorette party. It's very tacky to throw a party in honor of yourself. Have your girls not offered to throw you one? If they're ok with the party, why isn't one of them putting it together and planning it for you? If no one steps up and offers to throw you a bachelorette, then you just don't get one. Not everyone has a bachelor or bachelorette party, and they're still just as married after their wedding as the people who do have these parties.
  • edited December 2011
    I say go for it!!! I'm planning mine as well but I'm calling it a "night out with my friends." It will pretty much be a bachelorette party but whatever. We are going to have fun and all of my friends are cool with going out. Basically we want to have a girls night out before the wedding. I DO NOT see anything wrong with that. It's your wedding and you should have a night out with your friends. I don't understand why people have a problem with this; that to me is crazy. EVERY GIRL deserves a party with her friends before the wedding especially if you haven't seen them in forever. So if it is "tacky" to call it a bachelorette party then call it a "girls night out party." 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't understand the "faux pas" of planning your own bachelorette party. I can understand if you want to plan an expensive weekend away where you expect your girls to give you gifts and sing your praises, that would definitely not be acceptable; but what about when you just want to plan a night out to celebrate that you're getting married? Nothing crazy, just bridesmaids and friends having fun with you. Why should you have to call it something special like a "girls night out" to avoid people thinking you're tacky? Who has to even know that you're the one who planned it all other than your bridesmaids? Who even cares? I fully understand and appreciate etiquette for all other wedding festivities, but I just don't get this one.

What about when you do something to celebrate your birthday, like going out to dinner, and you invite friends to come...isn't that saying the same thing as "this is what we're going to do but YOU have to pay for it?" Where's the huge faux pas in that? If I want to celebrate that I'm getting married but no one is able to throw me a bachelorette party, then I'll have one myself and make it inexpensive. I'm thinking going to dinner and a movie, or having a sleepover and ordering pizza at my home - something incredibly relaxed and low cost. I'm tired of hearing what a no-no it is to plan your own party; just because no one is stepping up to throw you own doesn't mean you "just don't get one."

My apologies for the rant. As for ideas, if you're looking to stay in your area, try looking online for events going on - fun festivals or shows. Or look on some sort of community board for things to do in your area - I'm always finding things in Central Florida that I didn't know where around (bars, restaurants, entertainment). Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards