Pre-wedding Parties

Too Late for Engagement Party?

My fiance and I bought our house in June 2011 and got engaged in July 2011. We didn't have any sort of celebration for the house or our engagement since my sister was getting married at the end of August 2011 and didn't want to overshadow her day and parties (bridal shower, bachelorette party, etc). All of the birthdays in our families are between August and November and my best friend is pregnant and is due at the end of October 2011. In addition, my grandmother and father both went into the hospital in October, brother-in-law and future father-in-law will be having surgery in November. A lot going on in everyone else's lives!

Our wedding is in June 2012.

No time in the past few months has it seemed like the right time for a housewarming / engagement party, but we still would love to host a party so our families and friends can start getting excited about the wedding and finally visit our new home. We were thinking the holidays would be a great time for the party.

My question is:  Is December 2011 too late for the engagement / housewarming party and is it against etiquette to host our own party?

Re: Too Late for Engagement Party?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards