Pre-wedding Parties
Options

How to get her to let me help...

If there is anyway this entire thread can be erased I would really appreciate it!  Family issues have come up and the information in this post may have been misinterpreted by other people.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How to get her to let me help...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The bride shouldn't be paying for or planning her own shower, so that could be a bit awkward for your sister to accept financial help from you for the shower. It would be better to offer to help with her airfare or her family's travel expenses for the wedding. If she declines your help, trust that she has it worked out at her end. I'm sure your sister just wants to make you happy, so let her do that for you.

Make sure your sister, FMIL and FSIL have each others contact information. You could let your FILs know that your sister would welcome their help, but is not the type to ask. Let your sister know that they are interested. Then leave it in their hands.

Enjoy your shower.

• Options
    KJ7985KJ7985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would see if she would allow you to pay for her flight home. I think that would be a very nice gesture! If she was not in a financial position to throw this shower for you, she wouldn't have offered. Take it as the awesome gift that it is and be thankful that you have such a wonderful sister!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thealefairythealefairy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other people who suggested to offer to pay for her travel expenses. There is no polite way to offer to help pay for your own shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards