Pre-wedding Parties
Options

When should I have my wedding shower if both weekend options I have are bad for the bridesmaids?

Trying to plan my shower with my Maid of Honor who is getting married June 25 – a month before me (my wedding July 23).

There are only a two weekends in June we can have my shower. The first is The weekend of June 4/5. On that weekend my other 2 bridesmaids will be out of town and can’t make it.

The second weekend June 18/19 is the weekend before my maid of honor’s wedding, but my other 2 bridesmaids can make it! Should I go with the weekend of June 18/19 even though it’s the weekend before my MOH wedding. Or should I just have it even though my MOH will be the only person from my wedding party there?

Re: When should I have my wedding shower if both weekend options I have are bad for the bridesmaids?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When you say "trying to plan" I assume all you're planning is the date, right?  Since you don't plan your own shower.

Not every bridesmaid needs to be there. 

I'm confused.  How many BMs do you have?  If 2 girls can't make the 4th/5th, leaving only your MOH, wouldn't it be the same, only one BM, on the 18th/19th?

Be a friend and don't make your shower the weekend before your MOH's wedding.  Yeah, she gets one day.  But she's probably going to be busy and stressed enough without having to worry about your shower the last weekend before her wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_should-wedding-shower-weekend-options-bad-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:6dfb5d64-5e80-4a73-abad-cab93e23d6f4Post:fd05a338-01bd-42de-b5d4-1113af9fe1f1">Re: When should I have my wedding shower if both weekend options I have are bad for the bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you say "trying to plan" I assume all you're planning is the date, right?  Since you don't plan your own shower. Not every bridesmaid needs to be there.  I'm confused.  How many BMs do you have?  If 2 girls can't make the 4th/5th, leaving only your MOH, wouldn't it be the same, only one BM, on the 18th/19th? <strong>Be a friend and don't make your shower the weekend before your MOH's wedding.</strong>  Yeah, she gets one day.  But she's probably going to be busy and stressed enough without having to worry about your shower the last weekend before her wedding.
    Posted by hlq2011[/QUOTE]

I agree, use the other weekend.  It's a shame your BMs can't make it but it sounds like there's no way to make everyone happy.  Enjoy your shower!
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless your MOH has something going on the weekend before her wedding, I'd probably just make it for then, tbh. You don't say that she said she can't go, it sounds like you're just trying to be considerate, which is very sweet, but if that's a weekend that everyone can be there, I'd probably choose that weekend and then just ask my MOH if I can help her with anything/everything on Sunday since she'll be giving up an afternoon to spend with me for my shower.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    ShabyKittyShabyKitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo date twins :)

That is all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just have it the week before your MOH's wedding. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Don't do that to your MOH.  Wait til the weekend before your own wedding and try to figure out how you would have had the time to plan a really nice shower when you have your own wedding stuff going on.

What's more important?  The 2 BM's being there at the expense of your MOH's time before her wedding, or giving MOH a break and understanding what a busy time that will be for her?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards