Pre-wedding Parties

Shower games?

My moh is throwing me a shower at a nice restaurant but she wants to have 3 or 4 games what are you ladies playing or have played at a bridal shower??????????? I dont know if this help but my wedding theme/color is peacock and it is a destination wedding in Vegas! Thanks so much!

Re: Shower games?

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt wrote down various things I said while opening gifts out of context and then read them out loud as "things heard outside the hotel room on the wedding night."  Otherwise it was a gameless shower.

Games I've played at other showers: photos of the bride from various ages and you had to guess the right age; trivia about the bride and groom's relationship history; make a wine charm and pin it to you, if you cross your legs at all during the game you lose your wine charm and whoever collects all the wine charms wins.

Also, I don't think you used enough question marks in your OP.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The only game I really liked that we played was dressing two of the bridesmaids up in toilet paper wedding dresses... but it was only really funny because some of the ladies got SO into... to them it was an artform and hilarious to watch. Otherwise it can be a waste of perfectly good toilet paper and embarrassing for the faux brides, unless they volunteer.
    An easy game we played was guessing the amount of m&ms/jelly beans in the jar... except one of the girls started eating them, so the numbers were a bit off, lol.
    At one shower, we played gift bingo... it was fun at first, but after all the prizes had been given away we went back to talking amongst ourselves, lol
  • edited December 2011
     One game that is always a hit is Gift Bingo.  You make up blank bingo cards and pass them out.  Guests fill out the bingo cards to what they think you will receive while opening your gifts.  Then, while you open, you announce what you received and they mark the appropriate box.  The first one to bingo wins.  People dont' always enjoy watching you open gifts so giving them something to do is always helpful :)

Hope this helps!
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:73db3ade-fa50-40d2-9b99-a36200578f15Post:df9fc3e7-a599-4a55-a9c5-a90c3b66b47f">Re: Shower games?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also, I don't think you used enough question marks in your OP.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

Brooke, the more question marks there are, the more important the question (and by association, the OP) is.  Get with it.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We played a few games at my shower.

~The first one was the pocketbook game where a few of my BM's listed off items that may be found in a women's purse, whoever had the most items in their bag from the list won a prize.

~We played the Newlywed Game. My FSIL asked my FI a bunch of questions before the shower and wrote down his answers. So everyone had to guess how many I would answer the same as FI. That was a lot of fun, but it got a tad embarassing..haha.

~They brought bridal bingo, but we never had enough time to play so we gave the game to one of my BM's who's an MOH in another wedding so it worked out.

~My mom handed out recipe cards for people to write down their favorite recipes for me.

At a friend's bridal shower last week we played a few other games:

~We did the toilet paper wedding dress

~They made an apron for the bride with a bunch of kitchen gadgets hanging off of it and she walked around the room and whoever was able to write down the most correct items of what she was wearing won a prize. And the bride got to keep the apron and all the gadgets on it.

I would say to keep it to 2 or 3 games so there's enough time for food and socializing and of course the gift opening. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
     Thanks so much for the great ideas, I will pass along to my MOH and she can go from there! I do have another question what is OP?SUMMERKUTIE- I just looked at your bio and love it!!! You are getting close CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:73db3ade-fa50-40d2-9b99-a36200578f15Post:dea2cb76-f773-46a8-b7ee-b8d281e8c7e2">Re: Shower games?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Thanks so much for the great ideas, I will pass along to my MOH and she can go from there! I do have another question what is OP? SUMMERKUTIE- I just looked at your bio and love it!!! You are getting close CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jayhess[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm so excited :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards