Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower/ cash rec'd?

I just had my bridal shower this past weekend.  A couple of people just gave cash in a card.  Am I supposed to use that $ for house stuff or can I spend it on whatever? 

Re: Bridal Shower/ cash rec'd?

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could really spend it on anything. However, you shouldn't spend it until after the wedding. If you received checks, you should cash them now, and not use the money until after the wedding has passed.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should deposit any checks and cash in your account and wait until after the wedding to spend it. You may spend it any way you like.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Twilight Rose, you owe me a coke.

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What I did was to use the g cards and cash on specific items from my registry.
    On thank you note, I wrote down specifically what was purchased with the cash/g card.

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-cash-recd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7498802f-fdb8-4dd7-9f8c-309f22f74246Post:73abe653-1d3c-4303-9d47-9a4a386fba51">Re: Bridal Shower/ cash rec'd?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Twilight Rose, you owe me a coke.
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

Lol *sends soda through cyberspace*
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is yours and your husbands to do with what you wish. Never forget a thank you card.   RetreadBride, that was good.Wink
    You know you are truly blessed when you find that one who completes you,makes you totally happy, and feels your pain from the other room. The one you feel lost without, the one that makes you laugh, the one that makes you cry. The one that makes you wonder how you can be so lucky. Congratulations to everyone who has found "the one."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of writing something about what you purchased with it. It makes it more personal too.

I do disagree about when to spend it. If it is cashed what's the difference? If you receive a blender it doesnt sit in the box until after the wedding, you use it! So why not do the same with the cash. No one would ever know anyway... Just make sure you and your FI are going to get married before you spend it! lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-cash-recd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7498802f-fdb8-4dd7-9f8c-309f22f74246Post:fd2bd76e-9e72-45a8-b8d8-589e8b1f25b2">Re: Bridal Shower/ cash rec'd?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea of writing something about what you purchased with it. It makes it more personal too. I do disagree about when to spend it. If it is cashed what's the difference? If you receive a blender it doesnt sit in the box until after the wedding, you use it! So why not do the same with the cash. No one would ever know anyway... Just make sure you and your FI are going to get married before you spend it! lol
    Posted by btartaroind[/QUOTE]

You're mistaken PP.  A  prewedding gift is not to be used until after the couple is married.

In turn, they should not spend any money given until they're actually married but it's fine to tell the gift givers the intended use of the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards