Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal dinner guest list

Question: Who gets invited to the rehearsal dinner?
We only have a matron of honor (my mom) and a best man in our wedding party. We will be inviting the Priest, coordinator, his parents, my parents, grandmothers. With everyone it comes out to 14 people.
Do we need to invite our siblings?Our siblings are not in the wedding party, but do they still get an invite?
 He has a sister who is married and would have to bring her youngest, same w/my brother who is married and would bring my niece.  Just wondering cause we're planning a small rehearsal dinner at a "fancy" restaurant and needed to know head count for $$$ range.

Re: Rehearsal dinner guest list

• Options
    We are including parents, grandparents, priests we have 2, our WP with their SO and kids, readers, and our siblings with their SO. My brothers aren't in the wedding, but we want them there. Our count is about 25.
  • Options
    If your siblings aren't participating in the wedding then you don't need to invite them, but it would be a nice gesture (and not inviting them might blow up in your faces).  You also need to invite your WP's significant others.  Basically parents, anybody participating in the rehearsal, and their significant others are the must-haves. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-guest-list-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:74cc6856-8950-447b-8eb4-3c1a4a92888aPost:c332bf9a-f851-4d04-afe1-26c876f30656">Rehearsal dinner guest list</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question: Who gets invited to the rehearsal dinner? We only have a matron of honor (my mom) and a best man in our wedding party. We will be inviting the Priest, coordinator, his parents, my parents, grandmothers. With everyone it comes out to 14 people. <strong>Do we need to invite our siblings?</strong>Our siblings are not in the wedding party, but do they still get an invite?  He has a sister who is married and would have to bring her youngest, same w/my brother who is married and would bring my niece.  Just wondering cause we're planning a small rehearsal dinner at a "fancy" restaurant and needed to know head count for $$$ range.
    Posted by stardreamer1223[/QUOTE]

You do not <em>need</em> to invite them, but it would be a nice gesture on your part, especially since this will be your FSIL and I am sure your brother and his wifey would like to be there as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards