Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Outfits for Bridal/Wedding Showers and Parties

What are some good sites to find classy, unique cocktail and sundresses for pre-wedding showers and parties?  I've already checked department stores (Macy's, Dillard's, etc) and other discount stores (Marshall's, TJMaxx, etc)...

You know, this would be a great tab to have on the "theknot" website!

Re: Outfits for Bridal/Wedding Showers and Parties

• Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got shower dresses at Macys and loved them (got them in March at a small Macys.)  Today I was at a larger Macys and I got an outfit (skirt and top,) but saw no dresses that would look good on me.  They are all juniory.  My friends like JC Penny's and Kohls, but I don't have too much luck there.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the dress I'm planning to wear to my shower at White House Black Market.  But I didn't get it for the shower - I don't feel the need to buy a separate set of dresses for these things.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually found a really cute white linen dress at Target.  It was by Isaac Mizrahi. 

Just think of the places you like to shop and head there for stuff that will fit your style.  I also looked at Ann Taylor (reg and Loft), Banana Republic, J. Crew (where I bought the RD dress), and dept stores.

There's no "rule" since each event can be a different formality - but go with what you know suits your tastes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at JC Penny its a classic eyelet white dress. I got it 50% and then got a pair of silver sexy high heels to go with it! Now I just need the appropriate undergarments! That is today's project!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards