Pre-wedding Parties

Outdoor shower question...

Sorry if this is hard to read but my phone doesn't break down in paragraphs.

My shower isn't until September but its been decided that its going to be at FMILs house. She has a big beatiful backyard. Her and my mom are planning on getting a tent and having it catered. My sisters shower was a bit much with over 80 people. I told my mom I didn't want a shower that big. So it's probably going to be about 40 people. Maybe 50. Still kinda large but we fianc and I both have large families. Here is my concern... My FMIL only has one bathroom and I feel bad having 40 women go in and out of her house to use the restroom. I mean what else can we really do? Am I over thinking that this will be an issue? Has anyone else had an outdoor shower at a family members house? Did it work out okay?

Re: Outdoor shower question...

• You're over-thinking it.  I've been to showers with that many people hosted at a home and the bathroom situation isn't that big of a deal.  Pretty much the only time when it becomes a "line" is when everyone is about to leave.  But people tend to leave in spurts and say their good-byes so it's not a big deal for someone to wait a bit.
  • Yes, I attended a shower at a house that had only one working lavatory. There were about forty ladies there. I had to wait for one guest to finish in the lady's room before I could use it, but that's no big deal. There were no lines, like there are at the mall, concerts, sporting events etc...I have hosted backyard bbq's at my home with that many guests going in and out of the house to use the bathrooms and haven't noticed any problems.

Stop worrying. Let the hosts plan the shower. This is one party that you just get to enjoy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards