Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelor party imbroglio - Help needed

My poor FI is trying to figure out if my (somewhat estranged) dad should be invited to his bachelor party.  On top of this, he's also trying to figure out if my mom's long time boyfriend (basically my primary father figure) should be invited as well.  My dad is kind of immature and hates the boyfriend but the boyfriend has no qualms with my dad.  Is it in my fiance's best interest to just not invite either of them?  What's the proper protocol when it comes to this event?
Scrabble high score: 531

Re: Bachelor party imbroglio - Help needed

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really think parents go to any b-party.  IMO, it's a party for the groom (or bride) to share time with their friends and *younger* family members.  I didn't go to DD's or DIL's b-party, my DH didn't go to our son's or SIL's b-party.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree with Trix.  No parents, and problem is solved.  I would not go to my daughters b party, however she IS only 13 right now..
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's I've never heard of parents being invited to the bachelor and bachelorette parties. These parties are normally for the close friends of the bride and groom and a celebration that most people feel uncomfortable having their parents present for.
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of parents attending these.  The point is your last night out with the girls or the guys.  Parent's usually don't come along for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I would have to agree, I would just leave the parents out of the festivities and have the fellows party alone, then they would be drama free, because I'm sure drinks will be served, and when alcohol is in the mix; sometimes that isn't a good look when tension is in the air. Goodluck, hope everything works out for you and ur FI!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to my cousins bachelorette party which included every single one of my aunties, female cousins and even my grandma! I think it's completely fine to have your family members at the party that sends you off into married life.

Saying this, I wouldn't like to advise how you sort the dad problem out. My point is that you shouldn't exclude family unless you have a good reason to!
    "It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in so doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." - Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards