Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Advice needed

I am throwing an outdoor bridal shower in August for a friend, it will start at 5pm, she wants a cocktail party type shower. I am wondering if it is an absolute necessity to have a tent?  The sun should not set that day until around 7:30. I plan to have candles on the tables, lights on my deck, paper bag luminaries. Should I rent a tent just in case it rains? It is an added expense of $300.00 and I know the bride does not wish for the bridesmaids to have to shell out a ton for this shower.  Thanks for your help.

Re: Bridal Shower Advice needed

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Imagine it rains... can you handle all those people in your house?

If the answer is "absolutely NOT," get a tent.

If the answer is "yeah, but it will be tight," then don't get a tent, cross your fingers, and deal with the rain if it happens :)

Good thing about August rain is that it's usually a passing thunderstorm that will be over as quick as it came!
  • Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Ditto.  If you have a good alternative weather site, then don't worry about the tent.  If not, it's probably a good idea.  Also, if you're talking about hot weather or bright sun, a tent might make things a little more comfortable for the guests, especially people like grandmothers or those with medical conditions. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you could get parasols or something cute if the sun is an issue?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    410image Invited
    253image Accepted
    130image Declined
    48image Waiting

http://frommillertocarlson.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-advice-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7e7824da-27a1-48a2-a6c2-ed7223562b8bPost:1e167197-8c29-4698-9bb8-e788569756b3">Re: Bridal Shower Advice needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Imagine it rains... can you handle all those people in your house? If the answer is "absolutely NOT," get a tent. If the answer is "yeah, but it will be tight," then don't get a tent, cross your fingers, and deal with the rain if it happens :) Good thing about August rain is that it's usually a passing thunderstorm that will be over as quick as it came!
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

This! If you can accommodate the guests indoors in the event that it does rain, then go ahead.  Consider if it rains all day and the ground is soft.. most people won't want to be outside regardless of whether they are under a tent or not.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards