Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower - what to wear???

My mother and grandmother are thorwing us a bridal shower in January but I have NO clue what to wear.  It is at a banquest hall and there will be about 85 people there - do I have to wear white? What does the groom wear??  HELP!

Re: Bridal Shower - what to wear???

• Options
    OsterizerOsterizer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to wear white unless you want to.  As far as what to wear, is this casual or more formal? To be safe, you could wear a short dress (not a LBT, but something with a cute print) and your FI could wear khakis and a button down.  The only co-ed shower I've attend fits your actual description.  The B & G were more casual -- they were in jeans.  I think my SIL and I were more dressed up than they were. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:8051d859-8836-425c-b3c3-f54a21322bf2Post:cd90cd18-a472-4f5d-b144-1c5cde994fb0">Bridal Shower - what to wear???</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother and grandmother are thorwing us a bridal shower in January but I have NO clue what to wear.  It is at a banquest hall and there will be about 85 people there - do I have to wear white? What does the groom wear??  HELP!
    Posted by devi126[/QUOTE]
    You don't have to wear white. Heck, I'm not even wearing white on my wedding day. I did buy a short ivory dress for my shower, but you can go with whatever floats your boat. If you know what type of place it will be in, that will help you decide the formality of your outfit. It's always better to be a little dressier than needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would wear whatever you feel comfortable in, but try to match the time of day and the formality of the banquet hall. Your FI could probably get away with wearing kakhis and a polo shirt, it basically says casual, dressy at any time except night. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore a sundress but my shower was in the summer in Chicago. If yours is in the winter, you won't be able to get away with a sundress!

Is it formal? Informal? I have a couple of longsleeve dresses that I would consider appropriate for a winter shower. Or dress pants and a fancy shirt.

As far as your FI, again depends on the formality of it. Mine wore shorts and a polo shirt, again in the summer. But I'm sure khaki or dress pants and a polo shirt would suffice no matter where your shower is located.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree it depends on the formality of the shower. Don't feel pressured to wear white if you don't want too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask them how formal the event will be, and go from there.  If it is casual, a nice pair of jeans and a cute top will do just fine.  If they say it is more on the formal side, a pretty short dress sounds good to me.

You don't have to wear white, that is up to you. 
  • Options
    Great opportunity for a cute dress! Wearing white definitely isn't a requirement for a shower. I'd go for something in a fun print if it were me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards