Pre-wedding Parties

Ice Cream Social Bridal Shower?

I just heard about an ice cream themed bridal shower and was wondering what people thought of this. I think it's kind of cute and I love ice cream, but I'm wondering if it's a little too immature for a bridal shower? Some ideas I've heard of are having a sundae station and having a dessert-themed registry. Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ice Cream Social Bridal Shower?

• edited December 2011
    I think an ice cream social sounds fun, I would love to go to one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • niecie_jeffniecie_jeff member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree, that does sound like fun! And I like that it is different and more people will be likely to remember it
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just emailed my sister (and MOH) as soon as I saw this.  It sounds awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love ice cream.  I think this would be very fun.  And you can easily coordinate invites and decor with an idea like this.

I'd skip the dessert themed registry, though, and let people buy gifts from the bride's regular registry.  I don't like being told what kind of gifts I have to give for a shower.

ETA:  I'm re-reading your post and something about it suggests that you're the bride.  Is that the case?  Because if it is, you really shouldn't be throwing your own shower.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh!  thanks for the idea for my niece's bridal shower!  I love it.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    L O V E this idea.
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE IT!  Ice cream is my favorite food, and I would be thilled to eat ice cream at a shower :)  I would definitely get a few flavor choices and a variety of toppings for people to make their own sundaes.

ETA:  make sure it is not held at a meal time, like 2 or 3 pm would be perfect for this. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards