Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Tight budget ranch venue

We are working with a very tight budget ($5,000) and thinking we'll get the biggest bang for our buck if we rent a ranch house for the weekend and keep everything very low-key. 

Has anyone else done something similar here in Texas? Do you have suggestions on a ranch? We're fairly flexible on where it is, but we'd prefer if it was centralized, like in the Austin, Hill Country or Houston areas.

Re: Tight budget ranch venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know of venues in the Austin/Hill Country area.  The girls on the Austin and/or San Antonio board might be able to help you.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Misti at Pearl Snap Weddings - she's in the Austin area and would have some great ideas for you.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Austin-TX/Pearl-Snap-Wedding-Planning/121403011217162?ref=ts&ajaxpipe=1&__a=7
  • Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mill Creek Ranch in Canton is gorgeous.  I don't know their price points and it's not as centralized as you would like, but definitely worth checking out. 

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Austin Ranch apartment complex has a ranch house that they rent out for events.  It's on a nice undeveloped section of land up here between Plano, Lewisville, and The Colony.  When we checked rates (about 2 years ago), it was $850 for a Saturday night.  By far the cheapest venue we looked at.

D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    juliedaffernjuliedaffern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards