Pre-wedding Parties
Options

No shower, no girl's night out.... =(

My sister in law offered to throw me a bridal shower; however, there are only 20 people invited to the wedding, so I know that a shower would not be proper.  I ask her if she would be ok with a girl's night out. She said she would and I haven't heard another word. 
My wedding is just about 4 weeks away and nothing is planned.  I'm just bummed and sad.
=(

Re: No shower, no girl's night out.... =(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it's a surprise!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh that would be so wonderful, but she has no idea who to invite.
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just keep in mind that the only people that should be invited are girls that are invited to the wedding.  Inviting anyone outside of that is considered rude.  If you don't call it a bach. party or a girl's night out celebrating the wedding of PamandTroy, then it is fine.  But if it is thrown in conjuction with the wedding, then only the wedding-invited can come.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Showers and wedding related girls-night-outs happen within a 6-week window prior to the event.  You are at week 5.  There's plenty of time for these things.
  • Options
    BrooklclarkBrooklclark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dont be down the same thing happened to me :( no one asked if i wanted anything and i think they are thought someone else would do it. i know how you feel. make the best of your wedding thats the "party" i am looking for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When you asked her if she'd be "ok with a girl's nite," was she clear that you were suggesting that she arrange this party?  She may have taken what you said to mean, "I don't think that a shower is appropriate given my wedding size/situation, but I am planning on doing a girl's nite in leiu of this. Thanks anyway"

Just because "girls nite" sounds so informal, and like something that one would not necessarily plan in someone else's honor..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    173 Invites are in the mail! image
    58 are ready to party! image
    32 are missing out. image
    83 are nowhere to be found. image
    RSVP date is November 1.
  • Options
    glam70sglam70s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can have my showers.. Both my MOH and FMIL would like to throw me showers and explicitly asked them not to. Wanna trade families/friends?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards