Pre-wedding Parties
Options

shower host gift???

I'm new to all this wedding stuff, so I keep getting surprised by things I didn't realize needed to be on my things to do list.  Reading a post I found out (and totally agree with) that I need to give a gift to the person hosting my bridal shower.  It was just something I didn't think about but it makes total sense.  So the question is, do I give them the gift at the shower, or send it to them after with a thank you note?  Also, I know my FMIL is putting it together but I think she said something a long time ago about my FI's aunt wanting to be a part of it and help organize.  I'm not sure what the deal is now and if they are both hosting and if I should get them both a gift.  How do I go about finding this out without being like "So who gets credit for hosting this shindig?"

I guess writing this I just realized that if the answer to number one is send it later, then I will have more of an idea after the shower who hosted...although I may not.

May sound like dumb questions but I really don't know the etiquette.  Sorry if this was long.  Thanks for any input!

Re: shower host gift???

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew my mom and my BM's hosted my shower, although I know my mom and my MOH put in the most time and money. So, I stopped at Bath & Body Works a few days before the shower and picked up shower gels, loofahs, candles, and other bath time goodies and had them gift wrap them for the girls. I got a few more goodies for my mom and MOH and wrote thank you cards to everyone thanking them for everything and telling them since they made my shower so wonderful, I wanted them to enjoy their shower... hence the bath goodies. They thought it was so cute, and one of my BM's who's getting married 2 months after me said she's stealing my idea for her shower hostess gifts cuz she loved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just wondering the same thing. My future mother-in-law and her friends are hosting a bridal shower for me a week from tomorrow. On the invitation it says the names of the people who will be hosting it, and it's 4 people. I don't have all the money in the world, so what can I do for 5 people beyond a card that isn't expensive? I think I would rather give them a gift after because I have no idea what to expect during this shower because the only thing I've been asked is what kinds of food I like and I don't even know if I will know many of the people there. Is that ok to give them something later?
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-host-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:997d4e32-b811-40ec-8dd9-7c55c9062b02Post:e8af3c35-de4f-4d15-a23f-a49d5aabcb5d">Re: shower host gift???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just wondering the same thing. My future mother-in-law and her friends are hosting a bridal shower for me a week from tomorrow. On the invitation it says the names of the people who will be hosting it, and it's 4 people. I don't have all the money in the world, so what can I do for 5 people beyond a card that isn't expensive? I think I would rather give them a gift after because I have no idea what to expect during this shower because the only thing I've been asked is what kinds of food I like and I don't even know if I will know many of the people there.<strong> Is that ok to give them something later?</strong>
    Posted by jesuslovingchik[/QUOTE]

Sure it's ok! Even a hand written thank you card or some flowers would be a great way to say thank you and show your appreciation. Shower hostess gifts don't have to be huge or expensive. They're just a small thank you to the people who took the time to plan it and make it a wonderful day for you. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My two sisters hosted my shower, and I got one some rocks to go in a vase (she needed them), and some chocolate. I got my other sister some candles, and both of them cards. Nice, simple, and thoughtful. No need to go expensive, just sweet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards