Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

The grooms parents are doing the rehearsal dinner.Initially it was suppose to be for the wedding party, parents, immediate family, AND all out of town guests. Our side has the most out of town guests and out of country guests. My husbnd and I ( parents of the bride) are paying for the entire wedding. We feel srongly that our out of town/country guests should be able to come to our home that night, and we will entertain them. We may nothave another chance for them to come o our home and all of them have not seen our home. There is no rehearsal at the venue until the day of the wedding. Need sugestions on what to do. MOB

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    Host dessert at your house after the RD. This is what my MIL did since her family was all out of town and she hadn't seen them in years, but couldn't afford to host everyone at the RD. Her and my SIL made cakes, cookies, a fruit tray and got some bottles of wine and beers and hosted everyone from the RD and all the OOT guests at the house from about 8pm to 11pm. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:9b4318e9-0791-4e66-b073-273747a7411bPost:50c3cd64-cb9a-4b3b-9ed7-981c97e12f09">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Host dessert at your house after the RD. This is what my MIL did since her family was all out of town and she hadn't seen them in years, but couldn't afford to host everyone at the RD. Her and my SIL made cakes, cookies, a fruit tray and got some bottles of wine and beers and hosted everyone from the RD and all the OOT guests at the house from about 8pm to 11pm. 
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

^^ Exactly this, if having them to your home is incredibly important.
    Slightly off topic, but why is it so important that these people "see" your home? I mean, isn't time together the most important? I guess I don't understand the concept of the guests needing to be at your home for a party.

Back on topic...Otherwise, why not casually meet up at the hotel lounge/bar with everyone? That way, OOT guests won't have to worry about driving to your home and can retire for the evening whenever they'd like.
  • Options
    I'm a little confused.  You say initially OOT guests were invited to the RD.  Has that changed?  If so, that is up to the groom's parents who are hosting.  It isn't required so if that's the case, don't get upset about it.  I think if you really want your OOT guests to all get together after dinner (even if they weren't invited to it), that is fine.  We often meet up with the coupole (or just groom if the bride has gone to bed) when we get into town for weddings.  If you are so insistent on them over to the house, then do it.....but I like the idea of having it at the hotel if possible instead.  That way people are close to their beds and aren't worrying about navigating an unknown city.

• Options
    Will your oot/ooc guests be in town only for the night before/day of the wedding? I would suggest a morning after brunch so you can spend more time with your family members, as my first choice. My  second choice would be an early afternoon luncheon or evening dessert party, whichever works best with the rehearsal dinner. I am assuming these out of town guests know each other, so they will be happy to get together with each other for dinner, even if they will not be having dinner with you that evening.

Since the rehearsal is the same day as the wedding, an evening before RD isn't really necessary. But since the hosts have been gracious enough to plan a dinner to thank the wedding party, it is their right to choose the date, time, location as long as they are making an effort to make it convenient for their intended guests.

• Options
    I need some suggestions. My daughter is being married in 3 weeks. The reception is at a private golf course. Recently, in our home town at a very high end hotel, the envelope box and some of the wedding gifts were stole from the reception. Now I am concerned about the possibility of this happening. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards