Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

late introduction

so i've posted a few times on the boards, but wanted to officially introduce myself - my fi and i have been engaged for about a month, and will be getting married on july 9, 2011.  we met in college and have dated for about 5 years, so we'd been talking about marriage, but he still managed to surprise me with the proposal :) we went out for a picnic at this beautiful park, had a completely normal lunch, and then, while we were standing on a bridge overlooking a picturesque creek, he got down on one knee. i immediately starting crying, so he hurried through the speech he'd been working on for a month and asked me to marry him. obviously, i said yes!  the best part was that he had planned a fancy dinner for us - it was SO nice to be able to go out and enjoy it with just each other (and it gave me the chance to hear everything he'd been doing for the past month that he couldn't tell me before now).

so a month later and we've decided that we'll be getting married at St. Rita Catholic Church, with the reception to follow at...TBD (but I'm leaning toward Hackberry Creek CC).  All the other details are still being worked out, so I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and hear your advice :)

Re: late introduction

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  Your proposal is so sweet!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board! It will be a wealth of information for you!

(:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome...! :)

Sorry I just noticed yesterday that you sent me a PM and responded to it.

Happy planning!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I also responded to your PM - with information this time.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome :)
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  That was such a sweet proposal!

Hackberry Creek is such a gorgeous venue! 
    good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!! I belong to St. Rita, so I may have seen you there. If you haven't met with Fr. Bob, please please please meet with him fast to 100% secure the time that you want for your wedding and rehearsal. We 'thought' ours was confirmed, but someone else booked it in between us talking to the administrator and 'reserving the time' and meeting with him. Now we have to find another church. If you've already done that part, then no worries!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! Congratulations and happy posting!
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome! I am new too!
  • Options
    sarathirzasarathirza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_late-introduction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:746de0e9-1520-4536-b0f0-c95fe4c36754Post:ce37727e-6764-465d-ae5f-828202fadc4b">Re: late introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome and Congrats!! I belong to St. Rita, so I may have seen you there. If you haven't met with Fr. Bob, please please please meet with him fast to 100% secure the time that you want for your wedding and rehearsal. We 'thought' ours was confirmed, but someone else booked it in between us talking to the administrator and 'reserving the time' and meeting with him. Now we have to find another church. If you've already done that part, then no worries!
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - We're actually having Fr Postell marry us (FI and family all went to Jesuit and love him), so Fr Bob wasn't an issue for us (thank goodness) - maybe we'll run into each other at mass sometime!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards