Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Invite Step In-Law Family to Shower?

My future husband's mother and step-father have been married for over 16 years, and his step-father has been very supportive of him and of us together. We are all quite close. That said, his step-family consists of about 30 people - all of which are being invited to the wedding. My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower and asked for a guest list. So far I have a small list of about 15 people (including a couple kids) to give to her. Should I invite my fiance's step-father's family to the shower? The truth is that I've meet/seen them only a handful of times, and although they are very nice people, it would add about 15 MORE people to the shower list. I'm trying to keep the number low since my 22-year-old maid of honor is throwing the shower.

Any thoughts or help with this would be greatly appreciated! I certainly don't want to hurt any feelings, but I feel that my shower should consist of a smaller group of close friends and family - especially for cost reasons. Thanks!

Re: Invite Step In-Law Family to Shower?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're on the right track with your shower guest list. Small, intimate showers are best, IMO. Everyone will have time to socialize, eat and relax after you open your gifts.
    And you are a good friend to be sensitive to your MOH's budget.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards