Pre-wedding Parties

Inviting Far-off guests to Shower?

I have two special ladies on my guest list from across the country (one is my best friend from college and the other is my cousin). They will both be flying in for my wedding, but I highly doubt they will make a separate flight in for the bridal shower - should I send them an invite anyways? I dont want them to feel bad about not being able to make the shower, or give them the impression I expect them to make a separate trip, but I also dont want them to fee left out! Wha should I do?!

Re: Inviting Far-off guests to Shower?

• mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would send the invite. My aunt lives in Oregon and even though we knew she couldn't make it my MOH sent and invite anyways. She was really grateful that we wanted to include her.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes send them an invite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• LEESHY09LEESHY09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem when I got married. Trust me when I say they definitely appreciate the invite! Just let them know that you know that they probably won't be able to make it, but you just wanted them to feel included.
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since these are ladies who are close to you, I'd send the invite, they at least will feel included in this special time. I've been an OOT guest for all but 1 of the weddings I've done post-college (I quit counting once I hit 20 weddings) and I'd be bummed if I wasn't invited to a close friends shower. I wasn't able to attend many, in some cases sent a gift, card or did more for the wedding gift, but it was nice to know they thought of me and they understood I couldn't make it.

Now, if you weren't close to them then I think it would appear grabby.

• edited December 2011
    I think I have to agree with Retread. It's one thing to send a wedding invitation to guests you know can't come because there's always the possibility they might make it after all, but a shower is different. If they are going to travel, they are going to travel for the wedding. If I got that shower invitation, I would definitely think you wanted me to send a gift, even if I couldn't be there in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards