Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party - Who should be invited?

My sweet sister-in-law asked me yesterday to put together a list of the ladies I want to invite to the bachelorette party.  My fiance and I aren't having a huge wedding (probably 150 guests once the RSVPs are in) and I don't have a solid group of girlfriends close to my age.  Don't get me wrong, I love the ladies on the guest list, but considering I don't have a small circle of friends that I hang out with all the time, and my fiance and I hang out with a bunch of different groups... how do I differentiate between who to invite off of the guest list for the wedding and who is ok to leave off?  Suggestions?

Re: Bachelorette Party - Who should be invited?

• edited December 2011
    You can make it family - close cousins, aunts, moms, sisters.

It doesn't have to be big.

I gave my FSIL a list of maybe five friends, and then told her to use her judgment about her side of the family.  I have separate showers for my side of the family as well, and those were mostly aunts, or a few close family friends.
  • edited December 2011
    My party is a bunch of girls I know from different stages in my life. None of them know each other so it will be interesting to see how they get along. I can't wait for this weekend though since that is when my party is!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invite those closest to you that you really want to celebrate with. They do not have to all know each other before hand or come from the same group of friends.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are keeping our wedding small...75 guests.  I have a close circle of girlfriends and then I have friends that I love to hang out with on occasion but aren't as close to.  Do I only have the girls attending my wedding at the party or can I invite others even though they won't be coming to the wedding? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards