Pre-wedding Parties

Decorating Rehearsal Dinner

In order to have the rehearsal in the same location as the ceremony, I ended up needing to book the location for both days.  As a result, I now have a beautiful location booked for 10 hours for a simple rehearsal.  My fiance and I were thinking of just having the rehearsal dinner then in the same location -- why not use up those extra hours, right?  But I'm looking for ways to make sure that the ceremony the next day isn't "less-special" because most of the important guests have already celebrated there.  Thoughs?

Re: Decorating Rehearsal Dinner

• You haven't said much about the location, which makes it a bit hard to answer your question. But, are you going to have to rent your tables, etc for longer because you're doing your RD there? What about actual dinner? Will you need to cater it? Because of these logistics, you might recondsider and have your RD at a restaurant. But if you are going to do it at the same venue, I'd just arrange it differently than you will for the wedding. Make it more casual, And arrange the tables in a more intimate way. Go light on decor and don't duplicate what you're doing for the wedding. Also, if there are multiple rooms or spaces maybe you could choose to hold the RD in a space that won't be primarily used for the wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards