Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Quick Shower Question

Hello ladies,

Here is the situation, 8 of my neighbors and their husbands are invited to the wedding, of them, 6 have RSVP'd yes, 1 no, and 1 I haven't heard ANYTHING from, and the RSVP deadline was yesterday.

We are sending out invites for a shower/night out, kind of bachelorette party. I will obviously be inviting all 6 neighbor ladies (all close friends) but I am wondering if it is tacky to invite the one who said no and the one who said nothing? They are both part of the "group" and I am worried about upset feelings if all of us meet up for a limo bus on the block right in front of their windows and they aren't invited. But I am also worried that it seems gift-grabby to invite them maybe? I suppose they probably have other obligations or couldn't find a babysitter for the actual wedding, but maybe the shower will fall on a date they can attend.

This is really last minute, my MOH told me invites need to go out tomorrow, so please let me know if you think I should send her those 2 addresses as well?

Thank you!!

Re: Quick Shower Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's okay to invite all 8 of them to the bachelorette because you did invite them to your wedding. If fact, their feeling might be hurt if you don't include them, since they are part of this group of friends.
    Have fun!

• Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would invite them...I'm assuming that just because they can't go to the wedding, it doesn't mean that you don't want to be around them.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, it always makes me feel better to get some reassurance on here, I don't know what I'd do without the boards! :)
  • Options
    RWoiderskiRWoiderski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely invite them - I had a few mothers of my friends who couldn't come to out out of town wedding, but, were thrilled to be part of my local shower and share that day with me. I think they will appreciate the opportunity to celebrate with you even if they can't make the big day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards