Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Snub

My daughter was invited to my future daughter-in-law's bridal shower but I wasn't...should I feel it was a deliberate snub or just an oversight?

Re: Bridal Shower Snub

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How close is she to the bride??  How close are you??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter has only met her once. I've met her three times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are aunts or other older women invited, aside from the bride's mother?  Perhaps they kept the shower to ladies the bride's age and didn't consider that you ought to be invited as well?  I'd find out more information before jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The MOB and MOG and sisters of the bride and groom should be invited to all showers. This was probably an error on the part of the shower host.When your daughter replies to the invitation, she could mention that her mom did not receive an invitation.

If this is a bachelorette party, then the moms probably wouldn't be invited.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe the shower will be at the MOB's house but I'm not sure who all is invited other than bridesmaids, close friends and cousins. My daughter is a bridesmaid by the way. It was always my understanding that the MOG was invited to a shower.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say, I'd be upset.  In our circle, the MOG is invited to all showers.  After all, the gifts being given are also for her son.  My DIL had only one shower, and I was invited.

And DD had only one shower, and her MIL was there.  I think it's inappropriate that you weren't included.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I will add my 2cents.  My MIL is not invited. She has caused major drama for me for no reason. I have done nothing to her but treat her with love and kindness. Her son is also on my side as he knows she has issues and told her she needed to get herself together. He also told her I don't come around her because of this. One day/time I'm over there she's cool. The next time, you never know. I don't have time for that.  So she can go kick rocks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate everyone's input...I have met my future DIL on 3 occasions and each time it has been cordial and quite friendly. I'm new to all of this so I thought it would be good idea to get some opinions on etiquette on this issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh kicksave, I feel for you.  Especially since your daughter is invited.  What does she say?  I think it may have been an oversight.  That's a really hard situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards