Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bridals - Are you doing them - or did you?

So, I'm kind of re-thinking doing bridal portraits.  Are you doing them? 

If you are already married - did you do them?  Do you regret it (either way)?  What did you do with all the pictures?

Let's hear your thoughts!

(I apologize for posting so much today!)

Re: Bridals - Are you doing them - or did you?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on doing them before the wedding, mainly b/c my photographer threw them in with the package.  Now I've postponed until after and FI will be able to be in them which is good since fright after our ceremony we'll only have about 20 minutes of daylight.

I don't see having tons of pics of just me hanging around the house but I do think it'll be fun and who doesn't want to have a few pics of themselves when they were young and gorgeous!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope and Nope.   I had about a dozen great bridals made at my venue the day of my wedding adn they are fabulous and don't require potentially getting the dress dirty, extra hair/makeup costs, or session fees.

I've seen some really amazing ones though, don't get me wrong.  I think it is really just a personal choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes because it's included in my photography package, plus also in the venue package too. Besides, my mom would want lots! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do bridals and I don't regret it.

I love all my pictures with DH from the wedding and don't really see the need for tons of pictures of me by myself.  I also didn't want to deal with getting all made up twice / having to clean the dress etc.

The photographer took some pictures of me by myself after getting ready and  before the wedding also shot the entire getting ready stage so that was enough for me.

You could always schedule time / make a point of taking a bunch of solo pics on the day off..  either way do what makes you happy and is your gut feeling.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto  Tiffany and Kathy.  I was too old first of all.  And I just didn't want the extra expense, didn't want to get my dress dirty.  Besides, what the heck would I do with them??

If I was a young bride like Marissa having a traditional church wedding where my portrait would be oh-so-grandly displayed outside the church doors, then maybe.  I did it at my first wedding.  When I was 22.  But now, at 40, I don't see the point.

Like the others, I got pictures made of me alone on my wedding day and that was plenty.  I considered TTD but Ben loves my dress--that is definitely the way I would go though.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been planning on it - but I am having the hardest time making it work out!  I can't find a place, I've had to reschedule twice, and all in all it's just stressing me out... but I really want to do them!  So now I'm considering (as of today) having a post-wedding photo shoot and me and FI, so we can go somewhere fun and not have to stress too much about messing up my dress and such.  I haven't mentioned this idea to anyone yet, including my photographer, so we'll see!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want to do them....but I ended up doing them this week actually. My wedding day was a bit hectic. I didn't have time to get many shots of me in my gown and with FI alone. He joined me in the photo shoot this week as well. I would say play it by ear. Oh, and what would you do with that many photos? Look at it like wedding photos. Your photographer may shoot 1000 photos. Do you need that many? Of course you don't. So if you shoot bridals and get 2-3 get shots, then it would have been worth it.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way, man! I think this is one of those traditions that's going by the wayside. TTD are the new bridals
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do them and I don't think there is a single picture of me alone on our wedding day and that's perfectly all right with me.  I treasure all the pictures that were taken of my family and friends with me (or without me).
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually scheduled to do them tomorrow and decided last weekend that I really didn't want the stress of rushing around to hair and makeup, driving to the location, fretting about getting my dress dirty, etc. I also couldn't see myself getting excited over 100 pictures of myself.

It was included in our package so my photographer offered a couple of extra hours on the wedding day in exchange for the bridals, which is great. We will get a few shots of me in the dress alone, but now I get the "getting ready" pictures I wasn't getting before, which I really love.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing them either. They are part of the package from my photographer and I just asked her if we can make it a second session of e-pics since she didn't want to take it out. I have a hard time with just standing there posing and I know it would be awkward. Plus, this way we have more pics as a couple. We hardly take any now and I would love more of just the two of us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Didn't do them, don't regret it one bit.

I haven't for a second thought, "Dang, I wish I had some pictures of just me alone in my wedding dress" Nope, not at all. All the pictures I've put up in our home have been of DH and I, and our WP from the wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing them because I won a gift certificate at a bridal show.  It's at the studio so I won't get my dress dirty and I am planning on going the day I go in for my hair trial.  That way, I can be all gussied up without the extra expense!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    bellagracebellagrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing them because of time, but I am doing something different. I am doing a second day shoot with my husband. The second day shoot is becoming even more popular then TTD. Its a session between the two of you sometime after the wedding. I love the pics I see of other people. Its a good idea if you didn't get enough pictures of the two of you or if you want some more creative images.
  • Options
    DaniApp11DaniApp11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not doing them.  Though I know I will have to be in my dress for alterations at some point, I think there is something special in only "wearing" it on the day of my wedding.   :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did them...it was fun, somewhat hectic but I don't regret it. I have lots of pics that I really like and it gave me a chance to see what I would look like on film the day of. I think if I could do it again I would want to do a day after session with the hubby since we were so rushed the day of the wedding but we left that next morning at 7am for the HM so the way it worked out is how it was meant to be.

Do whatever you wish - either way if your package comes with them make sure you are compensated in some other form of "session" if you don't do bridals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have time to do bridals before the wedding so I did them afterwards and I'm so happy I did.  I love how they turned out.

I for one am for bridals but in the end, do what you want to do. If you want them, then go for it.  If not, then don't sweat it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing them but only because they are free. They will be nice to have but if they were not free- I probably wouldn't have done them or really cared about whether I had them done or not. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards