Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower....

My sister-in-law (also matron of honor) is having a bridal shower for me. She asked if there is anything particular I want....but I know I don't want all the cheesy silly games that are at EVERY bridal shower. Any other suggestions for a bridal shower so it's not just people showing up and me opening presents. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!!!

Re: Bridal shower....

• Options
    Darbie914Darbie914 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    My suggestion is a game but it's not too cheesy. We played Bridal BIngo at one of my friend's showers.  It was something to do while we watched presents being opened and I thought it was cute. 

Another friend had played the Newlywed game at her shower.  Her hosts had videotaped her FI's answers and it was cute to see how much they knew about each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    *NEARLYwed game, we played this at my shower and it was a big hit especially since it was a double shower so I was faced off against my cousin
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's fine to say you would prefer no games. The hosts for my showers always asked me if I wanted games and I said no, thanks. I had no games at any of my showers, and we had plenty of fun eating, drinking (at one shower we had alcohol), and chatting. Showers are typically only a couple hours (at least in my circle), so by the time you eat some snacks (or a meal), chat and open all the gifts, it's already time to wrap things up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:be497103-bd05-478d-aee9-28724e9a1ee1Post:7073f2b2-588f-4624-bdac-62ce1cec74da">Re: Bridal shower....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My suggestion is a game but it's not too cheesy. We played Bridal BIngo at one of my friend's showers.  It was something to do while we watched presents being opened and I thought it was cute. <strong> Another friend had played the Newlywed game at her shower.  Her hosts had videotaped her FI's answers and it was cute to see how much they knew about each other.</strong>
    Posted by Darbie914[/QUOTE]

we've done this with my friends too and its fun to do!  I love when the FI's get all in to it!! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I also dislike shower games! I have suggested to my MOH the Bridal bingo game as the only acceptable game! But knowing that people expect to win "prizes" at showers we came up with some other ideas...all of the guests will be getting a welcome bag with various items in it including a bag of M Ms, one person will have a different colored bag and that person gets a prize. She is also going to create marriage advice cards for everyone to fill out! Also my favorite of all everyone is supposed to bring a pair of panties they think best match my personality and whichever one I pick gets a prize!! And then I get to keep the panties at the end of it!! There's lots of fun things you can do that don't have to involve cheesy games!! Good luck and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I like the bridal bingo....at least the guests will have something to do besides stare at me open presents!
  • Options

I have also seen "whats in your purse?" Guests either alone or in groups add up contents o their purse based on a sheet that designates points for each item. For example: lipstick, drivers license, wallet might be worth 1 point each. Scissors, tylenol, tampon 3 points. I have even seen some lits that included diaper, baby bottle, pacifier (5 points)  I think you can google this idea for a list to use
  • Options
    I HATE  games as well.  We are just having food and wine and cake and mingling and chatting. I said I wanted more or a party atmophere than a shower atmosphere.  It's also going to be a couples shower so we will have most of the family and friends both male and female.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards