Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Engagment party themes

I am throwing a engagment party for my friend, but i want it to be classy.. have any theme ideas?
Jessica

Re: Engagment party themes

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp.. I would just skip having an actual theme for an e-party. Our e-party was just a cocktail party with hors d'ouevres and we loved it. The hosts used our wedding colors we had picked out for decorations and even the drink colors, but didn't go over the top. Focus more on good food and good drinks then trying to stick to a certain theme.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would suggest colors as well. For my best friend's wedding, I asked her and her future hubby what they might want. When asked, the bride and groom suggested champagne and black and I didn't get decorations per say, but did have food/drinks/plates/napkins in those colors. It gave the party a sense of unity and class without being theme-y.

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theme:  "Celebrate friend and her new FI's engagement." 

or Hello Kitty.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_engagment-party-themes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:bea1dfe1-b022-48ff-a14c-352388427fe4Post:99ecfca6-a18f-43bb-9aad-5d91000df0c5">Re: Engagment party themes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Theme:  "Celebrate friend and her new FI's engagement."  or Hello Kitty.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE HELLO KITTY! I would die and go to heaven.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP: I like the 'colors' idea. It would help to know the time of day & type of event you're planning. Example: wine tasting, easy to make "classy." Having a selection of wines & cheeses with little notes about how each taste and recommended pairings, also easily  "classy." </div><div>Are you trying to avoid kitch or have the event be 'a notch above?'</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards