Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Couples shower idea help

Hello! I am one of the BM's throwing a couples shower for my friend who is getting married in July. At the shower we were wanting to have each couple decorate a glass for the bride and groom with some "words of advice". The girls did something similar at one of my showers and it was something I really treasure. I just can't think of something cute to write on the signs so that people know what to do. Help! :)

Re: Couples shower idea help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you with wording... but I wanted to say, I don't see most guys being into that.  I think it's a great idea for a women-only shower, but for couples... I'm not sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand the whole couples shower thing.  I'll admit that I'm traditional and believe that the showers should be left to the ladies.  Was it requested by the bride to do a couples shower? If not, go ladies only. 

If still going the couples route, I would suggest having the shower at a nice wine bar or a BBQ.  It would have more of a party atmosphere than a shower feel to it.  And agree with PP, most guys wouldn't want to do any painting. 

Good luck!

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In our circle its more the guys who write stuff on the advice books often left on tables during the reception. And it is usually inappropriate or humorous. That might not translate to glasses very well. however I think if only the women wrote on them and included their SO' s name, that would be ok. the guys would agree with the sentiment, but would not want to write it themselves. its sounds like lovely keepsakes as well. you should post a pic afterwards if you do this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards