Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Need Ideas

So my sister is getting married  @ the end of may so the bridesmaids and i are planning a bachelorette  party for her but money is a big issue not everyone can afford to do something big. So I need ideas for something that everyone might be able to afford...  Laughing

Re: Need Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Plan a night in at someone's house. You guys can make coctails, order takeout food, and do a movie night full of chick flicks. Chocolates, ice cream, truffles, you can bake cookies, do manicures, etc.

Whatever you guys want to do...

Bachlorette parties don't have to involve traveling 500 miles to a destination and spending every cent in your bank account.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did an awesome bar crawl for my best friend. We suggested everyone bring cash to make it easier, and, in lieu of a gift or anything, bring a contribution for the Bride's drinks. I collected the money at the beginning of the night, kept it separate from my own money, and paid for her drinks for her all night long. We just walked around the local city, danced at several places, sat and ate at others, and ended with a big sleepover. The contributions paid for the bride's drinks all night. Everyone contributed about $20, and after that they spent as much or as little as they wanted to on their own alcohol. It worked out beautifully =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:c34abe7e-5ed7-4cae-87a2-29c307f1e184Post:4677e8fe-2509-4c12-9d3d-36b97df799b7">Re: Need Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Plan a night in at someone's house. You guys can make coctails, order takeout food, and do a movie night full of chick flicks. Chocolates, ice cream, truffles, you can bake cookies, do manicures, etc</strong>. Whatever you guys want to do... Bachlorette parties don't have to involve traveling 500 miles to a destination and spending every cent in your bank account.
    Posted by palmettogirl924[/QUOTE]

This.  You could even make it a potluck so you don't have to pay for takeout and maybe just collect a little money in advance for drink supplies.  Have each guest bring their favorite chick-flick so you don't have to pay to rent any and even get some bored games.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c34abe7e-5ed7-4cae-87a2-29c307f1e184Post:4677e8fe-2509-4c12-9d3d-36b97df799b7">Re: Need Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Plan a night in at someone's house. You guys can make coctails, order takeout food, and do a movie night full of chick flicks. Chocolates, ice cream, truffles, you can bake cookies, do manicures, etc. Whatever you guys want to do... Bachlorette parties don't have to involve traveling 500 miles to a destination and spending every cent in your bank account.
    Posted by palmettogirl924[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds like my ideal bachelorette party!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jll3jjll3j member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always choose someone's house and do like a potluck. Get everyone to bring a dish and maybe a bottle of wine and you could play games or watch movies or just drink & talk.

You could also do a theme dinner. Like mexican and everyone bring a mexican dish or come to someone's house and each person cook something mexican and drink margaritas and take shots of tequila
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lvoe the potluck ideas. This is what we did for my best friend.. We started out at someones house with drinks, food & games.

Then we had the boys (free rides!!!) take us to the bar because they offered and of course we accepted. We all went out to the bar but didn't spend more then $10 each since we had all pre-drank.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First step is finding out which bridesmaids are willing to help plan and how much they can/want to contribute.  From there decide what to do.  You have received some awesome ideas already but think outside the box too.  Go bowling, to an arcade, laser tag, hiking, camping, etc.  What does the bride enjoy? What does she usually do with her friends for fun?  You also may want to get a guest list from her so you know how many people she wants to invite and ask her what she wants to do. 

My sister wanted to take pole dance lessons for mine which I was all for but I knew two of my bridesmaids would be VERY uncomfortable, so I told her that wasn't going to work. Sorry, I want all my bridesmaids to attend. (if possible)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are having an ugly bridesmaid dress party, complete with cheesy wedding movies, wine and munchies. A friend of mine had a pajama party last year and it was a blast! You can really channel your inner teenager. Theme parties are great because you do a lot with a little money. I am dying to have a "Jersey Shore" party!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards