Pre-wedding Parties
Options

day for bridal shower

has anyone ever had or been to a friday night bridal shower?

i wanted to book my shower for sunday may 8th 2011 but then found out it was mothers day and most places arent willing to do it. and since my fiance lives in another city, and my graduation is may 7th i thought it would be nice to have the grad/shower back to back so he and his family can come for both.

Re: day for bridal shower

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday night seems somewhat inconvenient depending on the guest list.

We had guests drive from New Hampshire to CT for my shower.  There's no way that would have worked.

I think if you have guests driving more than 30 minutes to the shower location, Friday night is out.
  • Options
    aroosgabbyaroosgabby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

sounds right...thanks....what about saturday afternoons?

• Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DONT agree with the pp saying its a faux pas. Now days the bride can surely help. I know my mom/aunt asked me when I wanted it so I could be free. It cant always be a suprise, some brides like me work all the time and need to know why I need to request off of work since my schedule is not always the same. I was also asked my opinion on food, games, themes, pretty much everything. I am a grown women and entitled to my opinion on a party for me and my FH, but that doesnt mean they have to listen.

By the way, we are having ours on a saturday afternoon from 12-3. Lots of guests have rsvp'd yes without problems. The few no's I received were from people that had their childs bday party the same day or couldnt get out of work and wanted to save the day off they fight for, for the wedding.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Being asked for help is fine.  Planning it on your own is the faux pas.  
  • Options
    aroosgabbyaroosgabby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

well my mother is throwing the shower for me...im just helping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    agreed! I'm all for brides bending the rules, but this is one that is NOT up for discussion in my book! it's like throwing your own birthday party...

anyway, to answer the actual question.... if the bridesmaids and main family people are okay with it, then go for it! one of my brides had one of those sex toy parties thrown for her as a shower and it was at night time... a friday, I believe.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards