Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party on the same day?

Hi Knotties!

So my mom is planning my bridal shower and my bridesmaids are hosting my bachelorette party the weekend after.

Since I have out of town guests (3 of 5 bridesmaids), I suggested having the bachelorette party the evening of the bridal shower. The bridal shower is held at 12pm on a Saturday.

Is this too much in one weekend?? I wanted to be more accommodating for out of town bridesmaids, but not sure how people would react to being invited to both parties for the same day, and if that limits some people.

What are your thoughts if you got both invites??

What are your thoughts if they were your parties??

Thanks so much for any advice!!

Re: Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party on the same day?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Talk to the ones you want at both.  Get their opinion, because likely anyone who wouldnt want this isnt going to go to your bachelorette....
  • Options
    orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there would be a problem with it and your OOT guests would probably appreciate you taking them into consideration and only making them travel one weekend rather than two consecutive weekends.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I was an OOT guest, I'd probably prefer it that way.  But, as PP said, talk to some of the guests - or haven't the hosts feel them out.
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm in the minority but I would not want to spend the entire day attending a shower and than a bach party. 

Logistically it makes sense since you have OOT people, but I would personally choose to go to one or the other.
  • Options
    AshRoussAshRouss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am an OOT bride. i am traveling for my parties.... I am having them on the same dya, because it just makes sense. 
    Cooking my way to happiness!
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd love doing both, in or out of town... I think it makes sense for the OOT people who are coming in. It might be tiring, but I think it would be a super fun, awesome tiring. =)

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was soooooo tired after my shower, that I can't imagine going out afterwards! What if you did Bacheloretty party on a Friday night, and Shower on Sunday? That way, you will have all of saturday to recuperate, and your OOT guests could stay for the weekend!
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely plan for it on at least the same weekend. If I was OOT, that's probably the only way I'd be able to make both.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister planned this for mine and it was great. That way my out of town friends and family didn't have to travel twice. Both the shower and bach party are planned far ahead of time so that people can save up the money. It will end up costing your bridesmaids more to travel twice. Just make sure you don't drink too much at your shower.. save it for the bachelorette party. I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    GiddyBride23GiddyBride23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a combo .... shower at 7 and then we transiton into the bach. party at 8. People can choose to stay or go home when they'd like. This worked well for us because not everyone wanted to stay the entire time but some people do. And others want to stay up all night :-).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards