Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Advice on 20 questions game

I am a bridesmaid in my friends upcoming wedding and I have been put in charge of organizing the 20 questions-type game for her upcoming shower. There are going to be about thirty people at the co-ed shower and I am wondering if handing out sheets of paper and then collecting them all to sit down and "grade" takes some of the fun out of it. I suppose I am wondering if anyone has any ideas that will make this question/answer game more competitive and involved. I feel like with so many people in attendance people will fill out their sheet and then by the time the answers are finally tallied the results won't be exciting because people will have moved on.

I was thinking I could do something like the games on Big Brother where everyone holds up their answers and then if they are wrong they sit down and we keep asking until there is one person left? Thoughts, ideas?

Re: Advice on 20 questions game

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I find games to be excruciating.  Personally, this would annoy me, because it would take away my chance to visit and chat.

If you must play games, ones like Bridal bingo that happen during the gift opeining, but people don't have to play are better.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 20 questions is too much. At my shower, the MOH asked 8 questions about me/fiance like what month did we get engaged at, etc...everyone wrote their answers/guesses on a piece of paper and then MOH collected them, whoever got the most right won the game/prize.

Also had game where everyone stands up and passes mini bouquet in circle with music playing, music stops, whoever is holding bouquet has 5 seconds to sing a song with the word 'love' in it, if they can't, they're out the game, if they do, they're still in the game, music starts again, game continues until there is 1 person left with bouquet, who is the winner. It becomes really fun to play
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Instead of collecting and grading them yourself, have the bride answer the questions and let people score their own.
    Married 10/2/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards